Bristol 2023?

Is there any news regarding a meet for Bristol?

Over the weekend when we were at Syracuse, some people were asking about it, and it was also mentioned that it was only one day? Most of us are considering making the trip, but a major deal breaker is if it's only a one day event. Any news or clarification would be helpful.

Hi Joe, 2021 fgmcc meet in Bristol consisted of about 3 days.. it was a good trip , a Chevy car show over the hill from Bristol drag strip and beside the oval track.. first day was scenic touring around the area with a stop at a beautiful lake.. I think Jared is one of the coordinators working on the 2023 meet and as of yet there is no  definitive news from him on this ,that I have heard... last i spoke with him, in Carlisle,  he may have been setting things up for a different car show in that area... I’m sure he will update us as soon as he knows.. I am interested as well... Ron....

• Like 1

Your welcome joe, I might add, the 3/4 day trip  on Thursday of that week to the lake included a stop at-a nice steakhouse style restaurant..

Im sure it will be a good meet in Bristol if that’s where he decides to have it .. He did a good job of setting things up in 2021 as well as Rob did-in 2022 Carlisle.. see ya there . .Ron.. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Searsman said:

Your welcome joe, I might add, the 3/4 day trip  on Thursday of that week to the lake included a stop at-a nice steakhouse style restaurant..

Some guys are on the fence about day trips too. After driving 9 to 12 hours for some of us to get to Bristol, the last thing some mentioned is driving around even more. At least in Carlisle or Syracuse, once you get to the fairgrounds, you can sit & relax a couple days before making another long trek home. I'm sure it's a beautiful areas to see though, just like the pics of the Western meets we've seen posted by Aaron. Just being honest, but it is a consideration for some.

20 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Some guys are on the fence about day trips too. After driving 9 to 12 hours for some of us to get to Bristol, the last thing some mentioned is driving around even more. At least in Carlisle or Syracuse, once you get to the fairgrounds, you can sit & relax a couple days before making another long trek home. I'm sure it's a beautiful areas to see though, just like the pics of the Western meets we've seen posted by Aaron. Just being honest, but it is a consideration for some.

For the Western Meets I try to limit the driving time of a cruise to 2.5 hours or less when I plan them so we spend more of the day at the various cruise stops relaxing/chatting. If the event we attend already had a long cruise during the weekend I’ll shorten the one that I plan and leave some of the day open to relax by the pool.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 11:04 PM, Searsman said:

Hi Joe, 2021 fgmcc meet in Bristol consisted of about 3 days.. it was a good trip , a Chevy car show over the hill from Bristol drag strip and beside the oval track.. first day was scenic touring around the area with a stop at a beautiful lake.. I think Jared is one of the coordinators working on the 2023 meet and as of yet there is no  definitive news from him on this ,that I have heard... last i spoke with him, in Carlisle,  he may have been setting things up for a different car show in that area... I’m sure he will update us as soon as he knows.. I am interested as well... Ron....

I think Donnie is working with Jared on this. One thing that was mentioned in Carlisle was trying to work with the speedway, not sure if they have committed to a 2023 schedule yet. Last year was the Chevy Show, not to be confused with the trademarked Super Chevy Show. So they had the car show area and also racing on the dragstrip. 

• Like 1

The Bristol meet unless the Dragstrip gets their act together fast on scheduling will be in conjunction with the Downtown Elizabethton TN show. But along with that there are plenty of activities and several cruise Ins on Thursday and Friday. We will have activities on Wednesday also.

Last year most only went to the Chevy Show one day on Saturday.

The wildcard is if someone points me in the direction of another show in the TN NC southern VA area that will work. 

None of our driving was over 45 min one way. It's all in the immediate area and beautiful scenery. Donnie deserves a lot of credit for the 2021 meet success since he lives right there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 10:53 PM, Jared Richey said:

864 940 2146 

With any questions or comments or advice 

I haven't seen a Bristol 2023 drag strip schedule yet, but they usually have a Sat Nite street fights and DER Bracket racing throughout the year. I'd stay away from any weekend with the FootBrake Challenge guys, they pack'm in . Just saying 

The Super Chevy show in Bristol has fizzled out over the past 10 years.   The last Super Chevy show that we did there had less than 50 cars in the show field and only a very limited number of vendors ( a lot of which are friends of ours and stated that they were not coming back).  It definitely was not worth the time and money that it took to get there. However I love the location and facility. Luckily we combined that show with the  Pigeon Forge Rod Run . Actually the drag racing was the only saving grace of the show. Without that any Saturday evening cruise-in , would most likely be more entertaining for the family.

• Like 2