body bushings

allmost ready to put my 70 body back on the frame. anyone have experiance or recomendation type of bushings or know of a kit that contains contol arms and sway bushings etc.

I put urethane body mounts on mine, but it was specifically to help provide the most clearance for a 4L85E transmission. Very tight fit & it was recommended in a magazine article series for that type of build.

If it was just a stock type of rebuild,  I probably would have used rubber ones. Car rides pretty good though,  doesn't seem harsh at all with the urethane mounts.

I just bought all new Moog replacement bushings and balljoints etc.  didn’t cost very much.  There is no specific Moog kit tho. I’ve seen lots of kits that have Urethane bushings but haven’t heard any reviews good or bad. 

I was leaning towards the In-Line Tubing rubber body mounts but they’ve been sold out for a long time and they have no idea when they will be back in stock.  I think I’m going to order a set from SS396.com. 

56 minutes ago, Rongor said:

I just bought all new Moog replacement bushings and balljoints etc.  didn’t cost very much.  There is no specific Moog kit tho. I’ve seen lots of kits that have Urethane bushings but haven’t heard any reviews good or bad. 

I was leaning towards the In-Line Tubing rubber body mounts but they’ve been sold out for a long time and they have no idea when they will be back in stock.  I think I’m going to order a set from SS396.com. 

Make sure they are for a Monte not chevelle they are different or you'll be looking for more.

Actually, you need to purchase a body bushing kit for a convertible Chevelle. Convertibles have the extra bushing at the firewall like our Montes do. 

24 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Make sure they are for a Monte not chevelle they are different or you'll be looking for more.

Perfect thanks a lot!!  They advertise that they are for a 1970 Monte but I will definite check. Thanks to all! 
and sorry for hijacking the thread

24 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Just now, MC1of80 said:

Actually, you need to purchase a body bushing kit for a convertible Chevelle. Convertibles have the extra bushing at the firewall like our Montes do. 

I was leaning towards the In-Lime Tubing rubber body mounts but they’ve been sold out for a long time and they have no idea when they will be back in stock.  I think I’m going to order a set from SS396.com. 

OPGI and SS396 like to advertise the parts for montes but a lot of their parts are for chevelles and they say that they fit montes but in reality they don't. i have ran into that a bunch of times.

Ok thanks.  We’re you able to find rubber body mounts specific for Monte’s or did you go with the Chevelle Convertible kit as mentioned previously?

4 hours ago, Rongor said:

Ok thanks.  We’re you able to find rubber body mounts specific for Monte’s or did you go with the Chevelle Convertible kit as mentioned previously?

I did get Monte specific but they were Inline. Had the correct gm numbers and everything. No bolts or washers. I can get a picture of the box tomorrow if you want. I know that I have posted the pictures on a couple different threads but I cleaned my phone so most of my pictures now are on a flash drive. 

Thanks. I have all the part numbers for the in-line. That’s my preference but they’re out of stock and when I called they said they have no idea When they will get them in stock and select “notify Me” on the product webpage. I’ve been waiting for several months