AM/8 Track antenna

drdave69

Pulled my factory am/8 track out to replace with a Custom Autosound unit. I assume that the factory windshield antenna is primarily for am only since picking up fm stations seems spotty. What have any of you done for an fm antenna in the car?

I just plugged mine into the Custom Autosound unit in my car, no issues. Doubtful they would have used a different windshield/antenna in the cars, based on the radio option. May try an antenna booster or something like that, might help.

Stupid question, but have to ask. You're not just trying to tune the FM stations in a garage or structure, but out in the open as well? I get poor signals sometimes in the shop.

• Like 2

I purchased a 70 Monte new off the dealers lot.  one of the first things I did was buy a stereo FM Stero/Cassett under dash player.  I bought  a Radio Shack antenna line that connected both the AM radio and my new stereo FM/Cassett.  The antenna jumper cable worked great for both the AM radio and the FM Stereo/Cassett worked great with no issues.

rob

• Like 2

I'm fairly sure I was still in the shop when I was trying to tune in an fm station. I'll pull it out of the shop next time and try again. Didn't think it would hinder the fm reception.

11 minutes ago, drdave69 said:

I'm fairly sure I was still in the shop when I was trying to tune in an fm station. I'll pull it out of the shop next time and try again. Didn't think it would hinder the fm reception.

Worth a shot, and an easy fix if that's all it was. Let us know after you try it.

• Like 1