Local Cruise-In / Show

Glen

Better late than never, this was Thursday, but have just been too busy to post.

Gonna limit the pix to the other First Gens (finally!) as loading pix seems to be hit or miss lately here for my tech-challenged a%#.

I barely had time to walk around and I’m sure I likely missed a few more Montes. That said, the “Star of the Show” appears last…

BA38D4E9-C13A-427A-AAE9-2726E8AA5B0A.jpeg

AE911F62-ADBC-4584-A40C-9E2E78FE450D.jpeg

1DCAF829-AF07-4D42-8C43-687266DA9933.jpeg

ECACDECB-E0C8-4602-B90A-9F3923088BEB.jpeg

2C3F1C90-9761-46CB-906D-504C8C9DD2C5.jpeg

17D3FFEA-E4C5-4F60-92F2-E4DC3FFA7AB2.jpeg

CB624543-378C-42FB-A71E-AA8B0DE2AD66.jpeg

9A1665DE-6100-44A3-875D-61CD453A0682.jpeg

FEE1AC0A-AE57-4D92-89D5-69FCE1B6212C.jpeg

• Like 8

Interesting sidenote… At one point during the show I’m watching two guys extremely interested in the engine bay and firewall.

I was sitting away from the car at the time because it was brutally hot in the sun, so I walked over and introduced myself. One of the guys says he’s looking at the firewall for where/how a wire is attached to the coil as his 71 SS’s wiring harness had somewhat melted and he had the dash out to try to troubleshoot and replace the wiring.

I’m looking at him and it dawns on me that I know him from somewhere. Small world..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Interesting sidenote… At one point during the show I’m watching two guys extremely interested in the engine bay and firewall.

I was sitting away from the car at the time because it was brutally hot in the sun, so I walked over and introduced myself. One of the guys says he’s looking at the firewall for where/how a wire is attached to the coil as his 71 SS’s wiring harness had somewhat melted and he had the dash out to try to troubleshoot and replace the wiring.

I’m looking at him and it dawns on me that I know him from somewhere. Small world..

Hopefully not someone you arrested at some point lol. I was at a show with a friend of mine one time he's a retired sheriff a guy walks up to him starts a conversation afterwards he tells me he arrested him a couple times but were talking like they were old friends. He said he always treated everyone with as much respect as they give him. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Hopefully not someone you arrested at some point lol. I was at a show with a friend of mine one time he's a retired sheriff a guy walks up to him starts a conversation afterwards he tells me he arrested him a couple times but were talking like they were old friends. He said he always treated everyone with as much respect as they give him. 

Ha!  Not at all. I just recognized him as being the owner and giving commentary about his Monte in that video. I had literally just watched it for a second time a couple weeks ago when I was bored and going through Monte related videos on YouTube. He was quick to tell me that him miss spoke when he said he used it as a daily driver and to go barhopping… he clarified that he never drove it in the winter. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dtret said:

Isn’t that power trunk button on the wrong side of the glovebox?

Dennis, Barn Find has a power trunk and it's in the same spot. I guess the engineers figured it was a good spot for the driver to reach from the driver's seat. Lol. 

Very nice example of a 71 SS.

Did anyone else notice the "Custom" steering wheel? Not picking on the car BUT, the owner said it had every option but a power bucket seat. I didn't see the SS exhaust tips or the wide upper belt mouldings to mention quickly. 

Definitely wouldn't mind it in our collection even without "all" options. Lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I was at a HOA meeting a few years back and standing outside talking with some neighbors I know and the local sheriff walked up. (they gave a community crime report) He knew the other neighbors so I introduced myself, he said you look awful familiar, I was like seriously dude, you have to start with that? He laughed and said it must be the hair and we all laughed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4