Not a good day

So I come home from work and my 17 year old cat is laying motionless on the living room floor. Not quite passed yet but pretty close. I sat with him a bit for comfort until Karen got home and she did the same. She called the vet to have him put down. Not surprised but still sad. Karen and I were talking about having it done by the weekend so he just made the decision for us. Don’t worry it gets worse, but not about the cat. That part is done. So we’re driving to the vet and my 13 Cruze starts bucking, like a misfire. Service traction control and another message comes up. I can’t think of it now brain is mush. Drive it home, scan it misfire code. I pull the coil and plugs and find number 4 plug electrode is soaked with oil. I think I busted a piston, no I never beat the car and full synthetic oil change every 3000 miles. Bad day. I guess I won’t be working on the toys anytime soon. There is no oil on the plug boots at all. That picture is looking down the plug hole 

F7D1441A-915B-43BA-9D81-C22238C59BB1.jpeg

856F834B-5213-4C21-9BBE-C4C386220DFE.jpeg

• Sad 4

Sorry for your and Karen's loss. Still stinks even when you know it's coming. 😢 

As for the Cruze, Google the issue and see what comes up. This may be a common issue.  

• Sad 1

Oh boy Dennis, so sorry for your loss. Our pets are part of the family, and unfortunately, they leave us too soon. 

The car can wait, you'll know when the time is right to get back to it.

Again, very sorry 😞

Sorry for your loss, and the Cruze. I have my daughters in with inner cooler and water pump problems. My daughter says it's cheaper to fix them to replace them. I guess I taught her something

Dennis, Not a good day at all.  Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed.  I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your cat.  Like others have said, our pets are more than that, they work themselves into our hearts and become one of the family members.  Even when you know the time is right it is still hard to do what is right to have them put down.  

Good luck on the Cruze repair.

rob

Damn, dude, sorry to hear what’s on your plate. When it rains, it pours. It’s never easy losing a pet, so please extend my condolences to your better half as well. 

And yes, the car can wait, it’s not going anywhere. Take care of the important stuff. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sbarnette said:

So sorry for your loss Dennis. I feel your pain, we lost our 14 year old Springer Spaniel 2 weeks ago. It sucks!

Sorry for your loss as well. 

Dennis, sorry for your loss. They only bless us for a limited time.  Lost my best friend awhile back and this guy went EVERYWHERE with us. 

On the Cruze, grab a valve cover from the dealer, and a coil and set of plugs. trust me on this one. It is what I do. 

168687464_10222600155946648_7291198621803651432_n.jpg

• Like 1

Ordered 10 am today. Pick up tomorrow. They are one of my customers. 194.00. Inc tax. Only 12 bucks more then Amazon and I don’t have to wait until August 10th. Hopefully it’s not a piston or a ring. I already had to do that one at 22000 miles, under warranty. We knew time was close on the cat but it doesn’t make it any easier. He was my little buddy. Thank you. 

• Like 1

I was/am a dog person. I never had anything to do with cats until Karen. Now we have 4, well 3. All but the one that just passed were roadside pickups. I either pick them up or they would have died, my thoughts anyway. I always thought, wrong as it is, the best cat was a flat cat. I have been schooled, for the better. This is a picture of the last one I picked up about 4 years ago. It was a rainy day and he was about to climb off a bridge. He also had a broken leg. The vet didn’t think he would make it. He perfectly fine now. 

6D0AEFB7-02C6-4FE2-8464-D782261B43E6.jpeg

CC19FB0A-4F4E-4F00-A56D-FB418D71EBF7.jpeg

• Like 2

I've always been a dog person when I had to put my last dog down a few years back I said that's it no more. My daughters cat still lived with me until 2 years ago. Well a week ago I hear barking in my front yard I look and a little dog broke it run and was stuck on my front porch. It had no id or tags on him so I thought I might keep him but I took him to the local vet turns out he was chipped and was a cliant at the vets, they called the owner and they came to pick him up. Happy ending.  But he was a cute little fella and a very good dog for the time he was with me (picture included) My girlfriend has a dog that's enough for me. 

20220720_170309.jpg

While I got the parts today for the Cruze and I was mistaken it didn’t include tax. But all is good now, so it’s a better day. Thanks again everyone. 

• Like 2