Beware of Lemon Squad

Whons

Hi I am New to this site. I bought a 1970 Monte Carlo back in Dec. I live in Rochester NY and bought the car from Iowa. Cosmetically the whole car is in mint condition, No rust ever. Rebuilt 350 bored .030 over, 12 bolt posi. 700R4 Transmission. Hired the Lemon Squad to inspect it. The report came back all excellent. The Inspector falsified the report, said he road tested it. HE DID NOT. As soon as it came off the trailer, NO BRAKES. Had to replace power brake booster and master cylinder, and every thing on the rear. Had to install a rotory Vane Vacuum Pump, because of a radical camshaft. and get the Transmission adjusted $750. I called the Lemon Squad to complain and all they did was refund the inspection fee No Parts. Then they wiped out the inspection report from my computer and blocked me from even logging into their website. I was lucky and blessed that otherwise the car was in mint condition. Hope this saves someone. I will never buy another car unless I can look at it myself.

So sorry about the issues you had.  I am curious as to how they "wiped out the inspection report" from your computer.  I do see how they could block you from logging into their website.  I am glad the rest of the car is mint.  

Just one thing, we LOVE pictures here at the First Generation Monte Carlo Club.  We hope you like what you see here in and decide to become a full fledged dues paying member and attend one of our Eastern Meet's or Mini-Meets.

rob

For what it’s worth you should contact the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and initiate a formal complaint. Depending on the BBB’s history with the ‘Lemon Squad’, your complaint may be what it takes to get them on the radar. And thanks for the heads-up… not enough people open their mouth‘s when crap like this happens. Me?  I’m a MF’er and will go to the ends of the earth to prove a point and create headaches for people/businesses/entities that try to run game and get over on the little guy. 

• Like 4