Need opinion on a 1970 400 4 speed on ebay

Does anyone know about this 1970 on ebay? Opinions? Value? History? I've been looking for a four speed car and this one is close to me. Let me know

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144648207639?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=-5NNLGJOQ5W&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=z15ikl8wqwa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I looked at it on eBay looks very nice does have some floor issues by looking at some of the pics appears they tried to hide it with heavy undercoating. Looks to be nice car and the build sheet is a big plus

• Like 1

I agree with what Kevin has said.  Looking at the pictures I would have liked to see some shots inside the trunk, rear package tray, dash, etc.  While looking at the pictures I was really hoping that there would be a close-up of the front in directly from the front.  The reason I say this is in looking at the pictures of the front bumper from the side it seemed the front bumper didn't fit well into the front fender indentation.... it looked too high BUT on the picture of the passenger side fender extension it looked like too large of a gap between the top of the bumper and that fender extension. That said and maybe it is just an angle but it looks like the top of the bumper is too close to the grill.  

As far as a value, I think they should have provided more pictures and more explanation about the car justifying their asking price.  It is a very nice looking car.

Michael Boyte is right, there aren't many original 4-speed cars out there to choose from.  It is good the seller kept all of the original parts he removed from the car, especially the original 4-Speed tranny but I think it would have more value if that original tranny was actually installed in the car

rob

• Like 2

Rob, I agree that the bumper looks odd. Also the center emblem is to high but that's not a big deal. I just got off the phone with the owner. He said the floors are solid but the picture looks odd also. He told me that he bought from a museum from Minnesota and they bought a Mecum back in 2017. I found the listing and it sold for 19500.00. He does have all the original parts. He told me he was getting old and his health was not good. He's showing it Wednesday, it it doesn't sell I'm only about a three hour drive to see the car.

• Like 1