Hello group new guy in Maryland

DAVEG5150

Hello group,

I recently purchased a 1970 Monte Carlo  in July with a 350 4bbl, TH350 trans, 12 bolt rear with bucket seats and horse shoe shifter. I’ve been doing a little work on it valve covers and air cleaner and just had the carburetor reworked. So hopefully I’ll have it up and running soon I’m a little excited and impatient at the same time. Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge in the group and the enthusiasm for the 70-72 Monte Carlo!!!! 

99DC89D6-B2E2-4320-8775-4D93626CFBEA.jpeg

35E26F8B-0086-478A-A058-CBEBBB22AEAA.jpeg

62CDE7CB-A41A-4A57-87C1-8FA71140C255.jpeg

Edited by DAVEG5150
Spelling
  • Like 6

• DAVEG5150 changed the title to Hell group new guy in Maryland

David,

Welcome aboard the boards and also welcome as one of our newest dues paying members.  That is one beautiful 70 Monte.  I hope we will see it at my Mini-Meet in Carlisle next June.

Rob

• Like 1

Welcome aboard that is a very nice looking car you have there. Hope you get the kinks worked out soon. There is tons of knowledge here any questions ask away. You even got pictures on the first post that's way better than some of us me included lol.

• DAVEG5150 changed the title to Hello group new guy in Maryland

Welcome, Dave!!  Great looking ‘70… for the first couple seconds/pictures I thought there was another Shadow Gray in the ranks. Either way, beautiful car you have there. And am I to assume that’s a Van Halen reference in your screen name?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Glen said:

Welcome, Dave!!  Great looking ‘70… for the first couple seconds/pictures I thought there was another Shadow Gray in the ranks. Either way, beautiful car you have there. And am I to assume that’s a Van Halen reference in your screen name?

Yes sir you are correct!!!  Van Halen is my favorite band I like both DLR and Sammy parts of the group but I lean towards the Sammy side. As for the car thank you, I can’t wait to get her to where I want her. Strictly OE. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Glen said:

And am I to assume that’s a Van Halen reference in your screen name?

I'm sure you see a lot of that code's other description at work every day. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jft69z said:

Im particularly good at remembering things and figuring out things which are of little or no importance or consequence.  “Mediocrity” is my war cry. And generally mundane s%#t?  Oh yeah, that’s where I’m a Viking 😂🤣

19 hours ago, 1Bad454 said:

Welcome! Nice car. Can we see under the hood?

Sure can I replaced the valve covers and air cleaner. Definitely needs some TLC but I’ll get her there . 

BF981048-B10A-439D-82B4-7FF8650E6EE9.jpeg

49267B29-1C4E-4636-A705-AFD87CB98122.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jft69z said:

Oh most definitely the automotive business is basically bat [censored] crazy these days and nothing make any sense 🤷‍♂️

21 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

David,

Welcome aboard the boards and also welcome as one of our newest dues paying members.  That is one beautiful 70 Monte.  I hope we will see it at my Mini-Meet in Carlisle next June.

Rob

Hey Rob,

Thank you sir I appreciate that yeah I’m pretty stoked about the car. And I’m definitely interested in the Mini-Meet hope I can make it with or without the car preferably with. 😎

• Like 1

Welcome to the club Dave!!!!! And she looks Great!!!  I am in LI not to far from you so get her going so you can enjoy her before the weather changes, (i know stop cussing) Also would love to see and meet you at the mini meet, with/without the car thats secondary!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/8/2022 at 9:23 PM, DAVEG5150 said:

Hello group,

I recently purchased a 1970 Monte Carlo  in July with a 350 4bbl, TH350 trans, 12 bolt rear with bucket seats and horse shoe shifter. I’ve been doing a little work on it valve covers and air cleaner and just had the carburetor reworked. So hopefully I’ll have it up and running soon I’m a little excited and impatient at the same time. Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge in the group and the enthusiasm for the 70-72 Monte Carlo!!!! 

99DC89D6-B2E2-4320-8775-4D93626CFBEA.jpeg

35E26F8B-0086-478A-A058-CBEBBB22AEAA.jpeg

62CDE7CB-A41A-4A57-87C1-8FA71140C255.jpeg

Welcome. Nice looking car