2023 Western Meet - Logan, Utah

Canuck

image.png.4aa6dc8afee950e67ed20b04f78de736.png

2023 Western Meet
Logan, Utah
June 29-July 2, 2023

The 2023 Western Meet will be held in Logan, Utah. The event we are attending is the Cache Valley Cruise In which has a show and shine, poker run, scenic cruise, swap meet, car givaway, and more. We will also have our own club awards and door prizes. FGMCC members will be attending this meet from several states and provinces. We will update the web site and message forum periodically as information comes available. If you have any questions regarding this meet, please contact Aaron at dodsyaaron@gmail.com or 250-462-8444.

AFF04614-A7AF-4BB8-90B5-9E78D6637294.jpeg.a08fd74d96fa821367fe653325dfea63.jpeg

Schedule

Thursday:  Poker run (10am-2pm)

Friday:  Bear Lake cruise (10am-2pm)

Saturday:  Show-n-shine (9am-5pm), awards and car giveaway (5-6pm), main street cruise (6:30pm)

Sunday:  FGMCC awards banquet and door prizes (morning)

There is a Beach Boys concert on Thursday evening. See information posted below.
There is a swap meet throughout Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the fairgrounds also.

Hotel Info

Most members will be staying 4 nights arriving June 28th and leaving mid-day on Jul 2nd after the FGMCC awards ceremony in the morning. Please contact Aaron at dodsyaaron@gmail.com for hotel booking information.

Car Show Registration
Registration for 2023 is open.
https://cvcacruisein.com/

Beach Boys Concert
If you wish to see The Beach Boys, tickets are available at the following link
https://cvcacruisein.com/buy-concert-tickets/

Club members must inform Aaron (dodsyaaron@gmail.com or 250-462-8444) if you are planning on attending the meet. This will be important for planning the activities for the weekend. You must be a dues paying FGMCC member to participate in the meet activities.

gallery_98_4_104275.jpg.7782fddae313b6e62215745a7e0eb05f.jpg

cb1.jpg.1569539a13e654ae7db86f2260d755da.jpg

66131608_2561814893830676_4325192058898743296_n.jpg.4086095ca625708162868b67034c1ba9.jpg

• Like 3

We’re currently getting the hotel arrangements in place and will post the booking info soon. I’m pleased with the interest we have so far for this meet.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The attendance for this meet looks great! We may get 30+ Monte Carlos and possibly set a new attendance record for a Western Meet. We already have 7 states and 2 provinces represented and likely to add 2 or 3 more. 18 rooms are booked at the hotel.

:band:

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Got a text today from someone claiming to be from The Baugh Motel in Logan asking me if I'd like a ground floor room. I replied yes, then he asked what rate Expedia gave me that they might be able to beat it.  I had bought $24 insurance in case I had to cancel if something went wrong on trip. His rate was only $3 a night less even though last month they were more than Expedia, and said I should cancel Expedia and the $24 and book with him directly. I declined, being leery of a scam, and if it was not, I doubt I'm getting the ground floor. Anyhow keep alert everyone, just in case.

• Thank You! 1

3 hours ago, Dave B said:

Got a text today from someone claiming to be from The Baugh Motel in Logan asking me if I'd like a ground floor room. I replied yes, then he asked what rate Expedia gave me that they might be able to beat it.  I had bought $24 insurance in case I had to cancel if something went wrong on trip. His rate was only $3 a night less even though last month they were more than Expedia, and said I should cancel Expedia and the $24 and book with him directly. I declined, being leery of a scam, and if it was not, I doubt I'm getting the ground floor. Anyhow keep alert everyone, just in case.

Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

The Beach Boys will be playing on stage at a concert on Thursday night during the meet. For those interested in seeing the concert, tickets can be purchased online on the Cache Valley cruise-in web site.

https://cvcacruisein.com/buy-concert-tickets/

2023_Concert.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

this summer there will be the most first generation Monte Carlos in Logan, Utah at one time since the early 70's when Axtell Taylor Chevrolet on Main St. had them in the lot!

• Like 1

I received my Cache Valley Cruise In registration information in the mail today!

It turns out the cruise/parade route on Saturday evening is right in front of our hotel. That should be a fun night!

Cache Valley Cruise-In - Expanded for Web

• Like 2