anti-virus/security programs.......

Capri's 71 SS

So, it is nearing time to renew my Norton Anti-Virus/Internet Security Package.........what are your thoughts???

Do I continue with Norton? Do I upgrade to the new ALL IN ONE NORTON 360?? IS there something that is better out there??

Opinions please.........

NORTON 360:

Antivirus

Antispyware

Email scanning

Antiphishing

Rootkit detection

Identity protection

Web site authentication

Network monitoring

Firewall protection

Automatic backup and restore

2GB secured online storage†

PC performance tuneups

Automatic updates*

Embedded support

Optional antispam and parental controls

PC security defends you against a broad range of online threats–protects your computer and makes your online experience more secure

NEW! Enhanced performance–provides industry-leading protection without sacrificing performance

NEW! Identity protection safeguards you against online identity theft–NEW Identity Safe protects your personal information and your identity when you buy, bank, and browse online

NEW! Automatic backup and restore protects your important files from loss–NEW backup destinations include Blu-ray Disc™, HD-DVD, and iPod®

NEW! Network monitoring–helps protect your wireless network

PC tuneup keeps your PC running at peak performance–helps your PC run faster and keeps it running the way it’s supposed to

Embedded support components diagnose problems and help you quickly resolve common issues

Includes free support via email and live chat

Includes 2GB of online storage for photos, music, contacts, & financial documents (option to purchase additional storage)†

LiveUpdate™ Notice alerts you to new features, product updates and threat advisories as available throughout the renewable service period*

On-going Protection keeps your computer protected from the latest Internet risks by automatically renewing your subscription at the regular subscription price (plus applicable tax), so you don't have to. For more information, click here.

With Comcast HSI we get McAfee free. Slows down the machine and checks the whole HD too often for my liking. Never had that worry with my MAC!

Bruce

Take norton out, delete it, and throw it away, it is a HORRIBLE resource hog. it drags any computer it's installed on down to crawl.

it made my p4 3.0ghz machine act more like my k6-2 400mhz machine when it was installed.. and it CRASHED like crazy.. as soon as I uninstalled it.. the computer was haulin' [censored] and hasn't crashed once since.

I use AVG free edition, and i dont' worry about software firewalls since I use a hardware firewall (cable router/firewall combo)