body bushings

Denny

anyone have experience with polyurethane bushings? trying to make a choice between polyurathane and regular rubber for my 70 monte. Talked to jegs they have a complete bushing set with every bushing for the car even trans mount and trailing arms, however it doesnt contain the 2 extra bushings that are needed  for the ones by the firewall. cant seem to find a complete set for a monte.

Any of the  70-72 GM "A-body" convertibles have the extra firewall bushings as far as a stock rubber bushings go.  442, Cutlass, gto, lemans, skylark, GS, Malibu/Chevelle, SS.

As far as for the urethane bushings go, it depends on your plans for the car. The urethane bushings tighten up the frame to body cushion. Making for a harsher ride but better handling. Also older urethane bushings would annoyingly "squeak". Some have said the manufactures have solved that issue. Idk. 

I have them on my car, needed them for clearance issues with a different transmission. I recall needing 2 different kits to address the extra ones needed. No issues, squeaking, harsh ride, etc.  though.

I can get you part numbers if & when you decide you want to go that way.

• 5 months later...

This is the set that I purchased for my 72. I'm glad I ordered them in Jan 2018 for $270 compared to their new price....yikes!

https://www.opgi.com/chassis-suspension/bushings-mounts/1968-72-1974-77-total-polyurethane-set/bushing-kit-polyurethane-1968-72-checmc-oval-lower-rear-ch20133.html