SS 454 4 speed

Grant MacPherson

Yes I know, never happened. I was at a show and shine and someone looking at my car mentioned that he almost bought one years ago but it had a 4 speed. I said not from the factory, someone must have changed it. How to make a new friend in 30 seconds or less! He huffed off saying there where always some build off the books. Oh well, would love to see one.

46 minutes ago, Grant MacPherson said:

How to make a new friend in 30 seconds or less!

😂 I know what that’s like. sometimes people don’t like facts. Then they tell me to do research…

4 hours ago, Grant MacPherson said:

He huffed off saying there where always some build off the books. Oh well, would love to see one.

I don't get upset about people like that, it is not worth wasting my time on them.  If someone ever (which I doubt will ever happen, comes up with a true documented 4-speed SS454 Monte and can prove the documentation is real, I will be one of those members bowing down and admitting I was wrong all of these years BUT I feel pretty confident I won't have to worry about eating crow.

rob

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

I don't get upset about people like that, it is not worth wasting my time on them.  If someone ever (which I doubt will ever happen, comes up with a true documented 4-speed SS454 Monte and can prove the documentation is real, I will be one of those members bowing down and admitting I was wrong all of these years BUT I feel pretty confident I won't have to worry about eating crow.

rob

I agree Rob! Lol

21 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Yea I love that too one guy said I had a car that exact color I said oh yea you had an isuzu because that's the color of mine 🤣

Mine is a modified PPG  industrial green…. Back in 92 I took it to the painter and it was supposed to be painted the original color…. He got high on his dope and decided to paint it this color…

True story….

I was outraged to say the least so rather than kill the idiot,,,  I stored it for about 12 years…. I finally took it out in 2005,  washed her up,  and drove it on a 9000 mile trip covering 28 states while visiting all of our Grandchildren… The color kind of fits the car now and it never fails to get compliments. I actually like this green more than the stock choices available in 70…   BTW… The paint job cost me $1100.00  in 1992.

I've put about  95,000 miles on the car since 2005. I stored her with about 100,000 miles….  It's our go to car for road trips and just pure fun…. I'd rather drive the Monte than any car I've ever owned….  There is no doubt in my mind she will make another 9000 mile road trip and all I'd need is to put the key in and go …. 

Ed C.

12790965_1061847197194527_4856043506920706329_n.jpeg

amhmfejbbjknjhdd.jpg