FGMCC 2023 Carlisle GM Nationals Mini-Meet

Rob Peters

Good Evening,

This Mini-Meet will be from Thursday June 22nd to Sunday June 25th. You can now register with Carlisle Events (Many of us already registered while we were at our Eastern Meet there this past June.)  You can register on-line by going to www.carlisleevents.com and looking up the GM Nationals show or you can call them directly to register at 717-243-7855.

It is now OK to start making your room reservations for my 2023 FGMCC Mini-Meet at the Carlisle Events GM Nationals.  I want to let you all know that we will be limited to 40 rooms for this mini-meet and I suspect these rooms sill go very fast and it does not appear we will be able to get any additional rooms once these rooms are claimed.

Due to the limited number of rooms, we are going to have to restrict these rooms to dues paying members and to retain your room reservation your dues will need to be current at the time of the meet.  Members will also be restricted to one room per member.  Any additional family members will need to book rooms at the normal hotel rates.  I suspect these rooms will go fast.  I would urge any members who have a room by themselves may want to try to find a member you feel you know well and share and split the cost of a room.

You must call the hotel directly and identify yourself as a member of the First Generation Monte Carlo Club to obtain the club rate.  The phone number of the hotel is 717-243-2080.  When you make your reservation, please have the rate structure available because when I called to reserve my room, they did not have the rate structure in front of them and were trying to charge me the Friday or Saturday night for each night.  

I am attaching the room rate chart for you.  You will notice the hotel is going back to Pre-Covid19 room rates so you will need to start saving your money now for your hotel room.

I need to get tracking information from everyone.  Please copy and paste this information in an email to me.

PLEASE NOTE, THIS MINI-MEET WILL RUN FROM THURSDAY JUNE 22ND, NOT WEDNESDAY JUNE 21.  The hotel gave us special rates on Wednesday for anyone arriving early.  I will not be arriving until a little bit before noon on Thursday.  We will be having our usual Pizza Party on Thursday evening and weather permitting we will try to get in some Go-Cart racing following our Pizza Party.

Member Last Name:  

Member First Name:  

Club Website Screen Name:

Name of others in your party (please include ages of kids:

Total number in your Party:

City:

State:

Arrival Date:

Departure Date:

Year of your Monte:

Color:

Vinyl Top Yes/No:
Vinyl Top Color:

Class Registration:

Hotel: 

Room Type Qn/Qn, King

Email Address:

Regarding classing your car for this show:  For this show we will be enforcing these guidelines.   Any alteration from how these cars left the factory will be a deviation.  In other words, Different spark plug wires, chrome valve covers, aftermarket intake manifold, aftermarket air cleaner, headers, exposed electronic ignition, aftermarket radio etc would all be individual alterations.  In other words, each deviation from the way the car left the factory is counted as 1 change.

We do not count safety alterations such as a passenger side mirror or 3-point seat belts as alterations.  We also do not count Radial Tires as an alteration.  If you have any questions on alterations, please feel free to send me a Private Message here on the boards OR an email at rob29ford@aol.com

Classes:

STOCK = 0 TO 3 ALTERATIONS

STREET =  4 TO 6 ALTERATIONS

MODIFIED = 7 OR MORE ALTERATIONS

You can now also register your car for the show by going to www.carlisleevents.com

GROUP ROOM RATES

Room Type

Wednesday   6/21/2023

Thursday    6/22/2023

Friday    6/23/2023

Saturday        6/24/2023

QN/QN

$149.00

$149.00

$179.OO

$179.OO

KING

$149.00

$149.00

$179.OO

$179.OO

KING SUITE

$159.00

$159.00

$189.OO

$189.OO

QN/QN SUITE

$159.00

$159.00

$189.OO

$189.OO

rob

Thanks for the info Rob!

I just called and reserved, will send you the required info in a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

I'll get mine Monday 😆 Could be a busy summer, Summit Motorsports Park in July, havent see dates for Syracuse yet  

Looks like they recently announced the dates for Syracuse. July 14,15,16-2023. Online registration starts October 3rd. I'll post this on it's own thread as well.

https://lite987.com/syracuse-nationals-2023-dates/

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Looks like they recently announced the dates for Syracuse. July 14,15,16-2023. Online registration starts October 3rd. I'll post this on it's own thread as well.

https://lite987.com/syracuse-nationals-2023-dates/

Decisions decisions.........pretty much guarantee I can't make 2 events in July 

• Like 1

Decisions decisions.........pretty much guarantee I can't make 2 events in July 

I’m definitely in the same boat. We already have a week planned at the beach in July for our annual family vacation.

• Like 2

Less than 24 hours since I posted this message and already 12 of the 40 rooms have been claimed.  Keep those registrations rolling in.

rob

• Like 4

On 8/20/2022 at 10:44 AM, jft69z said:

All I hear are excuses....get those dates reserved! 😄

Such a NAG 🤣 As previously mentioned I made my reservations this morning. I will email my particulars to Rob in a few minutes, and I'll make sure I copy ALL on my email 🤣

Such a NAG 🤣 As previously mentioned I made my reservations this morning. I will email my particulars to Rob in a few minutes, and I'll make sure I copy ALL on my email 🤣

Good, you saved us both a lot of time and effort. 

NOW, get moving on the Syracuse and the Ohio reservations!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Good, you saved us both a lot of time and effort. 

NOW, get moving on the Syracuse and the Ohio reservations!

Aren't you supposed to be working on the Club Hotel dealio for Syracuse? 

25 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Aren't you supposed to be working on the Club Hotel dealio for Syracuse? 

No, that's C.K. and Rob. I'm working on the Ohio dealio 😁.

EDIT: Call me when you get a chance, your number goes straight to VM

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, jft69z said:

No, that's C.K. and Rob. I'm working on the Ohio dealio 😁.

EDIT: Call me when you get a chance, your number goes straight to VM

I told ya I can't do 2 meets in 1 month 😆

EDIT: hmmm, wonder why that happens 🤣

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

We still have plenty of rooms available.  This is always a great show and you can't beat the getting together of our members.  This Carlisle meet/mini-meet is usually the largest get together we usually have because of the location.

rob

• 1 month later...

It is time for me to start tracking this mini-meet more closely.  For those who have not already provided me with the above information please do so soon.  

This is one of the most popular shows our members attend.  That is why it was decided by officers many years ago to hold our Eastern meet there every other year and it is why I have planned a mini-meet there in the years when an Eastern Meet is not held there.  

The Carlisle Events GM Nationals hosts many many activities for all attendees.  There are also many parts vendors at this show and very popular with our members.  Also, you will need to go ahead and lock in your hotel reservation.  

If you need any information please contact me at rob29ford@aol.com or PM me here on the club website.

rob

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As of right now, Carlisle Events is running a special savings on registrations so don't delay in getting registered. 

For those who want to attend please get me your in tracking information.  

We need to get people registered as soon as possible so we can try to qualify for a free club canopy from Carlisle Evnets.

For any new members anywhere close to this show who may want to attend.  This is an excellent event and our club usually draws more members and cars to this show than any other so it is a great chance to meet many members in person and see a lot of First Generation Monte Carlos.  

Please get me the below information and let me know if you need any other information:

Member Last Name:  

Member First Name:  

Club Website Screen Name:

Name of others in your party (please include ages of kids:

Total number in your Party:

City:

State:

Arrival Date:

Departure Date:

Year of your Monte:

Color:

Vinyl Top Yes/No:
Vinyl Top Color:

Class Registration:

Hotel: 

Room Type Qn/Qn, King

Email Address:

rob

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Reserved a room and registered Big Red today. 😁

Any chance Kevin will be able to come as well?

7 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Any chance Kevin will be able to come as well?

As of right now, Kevin, my son Thomas and our friend Erick are quoted as coming. We shall see. Lol

• Like 4