Carburetors

Holley, when I was using carbs.

Did put a couple of Edelbrocks on customer cars over the years, seemed to work good. Still, Holley 95% of the time.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Chris shipley said:

just opinions. Wondering what everyone likes using for carburetors. Out of the 2 holley or edlebrock 

I'm a big fan of Edlebrocks.   Simple and they work with no excuses. 

Edited by EVC

19 hours ago, Chris shipley said:

just opinions. Wondering what everyone likes using for carburetors. Out of the 2 holley or edlebrock 

Holley if you want it tuned up 100%. Edelbrock if you want to slam the carb on and send it. 

• Like 2

Not into retuning my carb at every 50' of elevation change. 

The Edlebrock, set up with the Edlebrock newer 2701 intake,  has made my 350 more dependable than any combination I've used. They simply work better for me and more efficiently than the quad.  Back in Jan ,  I switched the intake to the newer square bore Edlebrock 2701 EPS intake rather than the older spread bore intake …  No adapters , no misaligned airflow… 

After discussion with Edlebrock, I blocked off the intake heat transfer on the 2701 and used the thicker gasket under the Carb for insulation. Edlebrock customer service is second to none……    1st class all the way. 

On road trips I get 20mpg and plenty of power. Local driving on Calif crappy gas it averages 16… 

3 hours ago, EVC said:

Not into retuning my carb at every 50' of elevation change. 

The Edlebrock, set up with the Edlebrock newer 2701 intake,  has made my 350 more dependable than any combination I've used. They simply work better for me and more efficiently than the quad.  Back in Jan ,  I switched the intake to the newer square bore Edlebrock 2701 EPS intake rather than the older spread bore intake …  No adapters , no misaligned airflow… 

After discussion with Edlebrock, I blocked off the intake heat transfer on the 2701 and used the thicker gasket under the Carb for insulation. Edlebrock customer service is second to none……    1st class all the way. 

On road trips I get 20mpg and plenty of power. Local driving on Calif crappy gas it averages 16… 

Thanks .for the info 

• Like 1

I do believe Tom is right on with this. I had a 750 Holley on my BB chevelle. A friend of mine didn’t like it so he bought an Edelbrock and put it on. It’s still on it because I don’t drive it anyway but it definitely sucked the life out of that engine. I still have the Holley to put on it if I ever need to. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that Holley may stop making the carbs and go Fuel injection only. Also heard that Edlebrock will copy the Holly carbs and make them even better….  

Ed ….

54 minutes ago, EVC said:

I heard that Holley may stop making the carbs and go Fuel injection only. Also heard that Edlebrock will copy the Holly carbs and make them even better….  

Ed ….

Look on YouTube for the new Edelbrock carbs. Amazing. 

• Like 1