Carburetors

Actually, my shed is full of bits and pieces I've collected over the years..... So if I can't build it from there, I take the part to the store. Most staff these days usually just blankly stare at me when I tell them what I'm looking for. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I've ditched the spreadbore manifold and Holley in favor of a dual plane manifold originally sold by JEGS and a rebuilt Edelbrock 600 cfm.

I have 2 questions on hooking up the carb.

First, does the throttle cable just unsnap from the swivel ball? I have a new ball that bolts on the edelbrock, or do I have to drill the linkage to use the old ball?

MCthrottlecable.thumb.jpg.b24b11e1638f4b261db6cb43c2aac3d6.jpg

Second, I see where the kickdown cable adjusts, does it get set so it's at full travel with the throttle at full travel? This is where it was adjusted on the 2bbl carb.

2bbl.thumb.jpg.b52d7402f164dbda1250395477f1199b.jpg

The new setup, almost done!

4bbl.thumb.jpg.c42d126900be5d5184d9402a67779e17.jpg

7 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Yes. The Ball pops out of the cable. 

Transmission cable gets adjusted the same way. You may need to make an extension for the cable to work. 

Thank you! 👍

I suspected as much, didn't want to start ripping and tearing indiscriminatly! 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scott S. said:

Hey Bob, just curious..... What are you using for a transmission ??

If you change up to a 200r4/700r4, the linkage geometry will change. But there are kits for that as well....

Resized_20210924_125121_5532.thumb.jpg.33a4cc36e9b7ec1484b46dcd98989a95.jpg

Hey Scott,

Running the stock TH350. Next project will be body& paint, as soon as I sell my Valiant convertible. Body is solid, but the car has the rear window vinyl top rust issues. Gonna farm that one out.

I did finish the carb/manifold swap today, runs great, seat of the pants dyno says Vroom, Vroom! 

I've had decent luck with a properly rebuilt Quadrajet on stock or slightly modified engines> Edelbrock/Carter AFB I've had decent luck with on stock to slightly modified engines but not so much on a more modified engine. Holleys I haven't used it on a modified engine but have had decent luck on a stock engine.