Attn: 2023 Eastern Meet

So... there will be NO Chevy Show in 2023 at Bristol Dragway, confirmed today by Donny.

The Elizabethton show, the car club that puts it on is not willing to block us an area for our 25-35 cars. (Also confirmed by Donny and we both agree, huge deal breaker). Stupid on their part.

So I'm putting the 411 out on does anyone know of other events that would be suitable in the Southern VA TN NC area. I've checked with Bowling Green dragstrip (beech bend)  but they as of now don't have an event that would meet our criteria of a meet, it's an Amazing facility.

Somerset KY like 2014 is an option but it's Still a one day cruise in (I THINK). I'm confident in my ability to come up with other activities along with the Help of Donny but some people actually want to "show" their car.

31 minutes ago, Dragginwagon467 said:

One piece of advice; avoid Charlotte, unless you want your car stolen like Hot Rod Power Tour a few years ago. 

That reminded me we had the meet in Charlotte in 2009 at an NMCA event I just reached out to them to see what their schedule is next year, beech bend on ky would make my day lol

Bowling Green  Kentucky is a pretty cool place and the track complex is huge. Complete with an amusement park !! 

And don't forget about the Corvette museum and factory ( a factory tour would be unbelievable). 

1 hour ago, Michael Boyte said:

And don't forget about the Corvette museum and factory ( a factory tour would be unbelievable). 

I've been thru there, it was pretty cool to see both. It was after the sinkhole devoured the cars, and they had them out on display. 

I'd consider that. They have a track facility too.

• Like 1

I will be speaking with somernites cruise this week and the NMCA guy is checking to see if their is any events in the area and time frame next year.

IMO unless bowling green discovers an event that will work, Somerset is looking like the best option and they seem eager to work with us. Also KY has advantages on location for the OH MI IN crowd and even people towards the Midwest and still just 300 miles for me.

• Like 1

Looking like it's coming down to either a late May Event in Rockingham NC at the NMCA race and show

Or Somerset KY 4th weekend of May or July

(Can't do June Somerset's event because its the same weekend as Carlisle mini meet)

Speak up on your thoughts

3 minutes ago, cbolt said:

Rockingham sounds fun

Yea I like Drag Racing!

He's double checking the date. This year was April of 2022 but they wasn gonna move it because it was to early do supposed to be May. Just got off the phone

NMCA usually puts on a good show at the drag strips. Ive never been to that drag strip but my buddy has raced there. I'll ask him about the facilities there, he's in Indy this weekend at the Big Go. 

• 2 weeks later...

Somernights cruise is fantastic, Friday night is cruise night at the somerset mall, the main cruise downtown is Saturday, also the usually have a cruise trip on Thursday’s or fridays . After Saturdays downtown cruise most classics cruise the main 4 lane with hundred of people watching in lawn chairs along the road . 
I will be going in two week to the somernights cruise . I can put in a word to them if you like .

also, bowling green is great too, but I haven’t been there in a few years so can’t elaborate much on it but it sounds good too..Ron..

• Like 1