Long overdue project

cny first gen 71

I have a rather large rear deck on my house it's about 26x22 on the second level, I've been putting off painting it because I knew it was gonna be a pain in the butt, well I started it and it sure is a pain but is coming out nicely so far. The inside is done with coat 1 on the railings the outside is all gonna be ladder work so a real pain but so far so good.

20220827_190424.jpg

20220818_230623.jpg

20220827_190406.jpg

• Like 5

I feel your pain. Started sanding on mine. Quit about 10 minutes later. I went and picked up Monte parts in Springfield Ohio instead. I’ll get back to it. Someday. It was good enough for Karen for Memorial Day weekend, it’s good enough for Labor Day weekend. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. 

6BFD999E-D600-466A-AF6E-B0AC8F5AFEA1.jpeg

3C5EE1B0-D3B9-4A4B-ABF8-4141ADB6BC12.jpeg

D41C480B-CAB4-4C30-B531-AA1F04D52AAC.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Ughhhhh… don’t know how you guys do it.  When it’s forever home time for us, it’ll be aluminum spindles and composite railings, posts and decking. I hope maintenance starts and ends at power washing. I got no patience for tedious s$&t like that. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Glen said:

I got no patience for tedious s$&t like that. 

Me either, not even a little bit.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, willie said:

Holding conversations like Me Dennis???

Yep.  I talk to myself because I’m the only one that will listen to me. The conversations are very insightful sometimes, I usually learn a lot. lol 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Of course I talk to myself,  sometimes I need expert advice 😅

AND. Most of the time you are the only person that understands your reasoning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Glen said:

Ughhhhh… don’t know how you guys do it.  When it’s forever home time for us, it’ll be aluminum spindles and composite railings, posts and decking. I hope maintenance starts and ends at power washing. I got no patience for tedious s$&t like that. 

I'm with Glen on this.  Our rear deck is composite floor and plastic railing and spindles and our front porch is concrete with the plastic railings and spindles.  I will pressure wash them once a year and even at that it seems like too much work, I can't imagine having to sand/scrape and paint or stain it, just wouldn't happen.  

rob

• Like 1

Actually Rob seeing your deck is why I ended up doing white railings, I really liked it and I looked around at others too. I did my front porch first and liked how it came out so I decided to do the back deck the same. But yes it is a lot of work  but we'll worth it In the long run.

It has been very warm here and I get about 9 hours or so of sun on the back deck and of course threats of rain  it has taken longer than I had planned but it's getting there. Hopefully before the weather gets to bad I'll get it completed if not there's always the spring to work on it.

54 minutes ago, Dtret said:

We priced composite for ours. I could probably buy a small house cheaper. Lol. 

But would that small house come with a composite deck? 🤔

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...