It’s been a rough year, not just for me but many of us-ENDURE

A year ago Sept 1st I had knee surgery. The week before I replaced the starter in my 71.  When I tested my work there was a knocking noise, checked my work, saw nothing wrong and checked everything I could think of. Well my knee, winter and a lack of expertise and interest took control,  I covered her up and focused on my recovery.  Since I’m working off jack stands I couldn’t get under the car again until earlier this summer then 90*F days became the norm.

Well last Friday 9-2-22 I rechecked everything I could think of, a friend suggested it could be a loose torque converter, which it was, just a 1/8 pull on each of the three bolts solved the noise. Took the car for a drive and all was back to normal!  Filled up the gas tank, washed the dust off her and ended up at Chesapeake Beach where the first Friday of the month classic car show was happening.  I know she’s a 20 footer but the number of people who stopped and checked her out was a boost to my enthusiasm.  SHE GETS DONE THIS WINTER.

So it’s had been a rough year; I lost my baby sister, got covid, recovery from a total knee replacement, went on vacation and my brother tested positive for covid and we had to leave him in Spain until he was negative, all that worrying, was it a motor, maybe a trans, torque converter or something else more expensive.  

Something as simple as people admiring a 71 Monte Carlo reminded me that God has never tested me beyond my ability to endure.

83C8B0D9-48D7-47DA-A7F3-0FDB8329B881.thumb.jpeg.57a51a5a786594db800adaba4094285d.jpeg600C2ED3-FC19-4311-BC42-F0DBCD0CD51F.thumb.jpeg.2cdd35dfc3b1a00f4789e1e7153e9c80.jpeg

• Like 5

2021 my health I took for granted caught up with me... 2022 has been my first year in a long time I stopped worrying about the uncontrollable, stopped penny pinching and began to enjoy what’s around me rather than worrying about what’s around me... my health is not too good anymore but my marriage and outlook on life is actually better than it ever was, I enjoy the things I denied myself of for a long time... plus I had to quit smoking... 

• Like 3

As an old saying from the movie “The Outlaw Josey Wales “ in the 70s by his Native American Friend, who had seen his whole world change before his eyes. “ Endevor to Persevere “. 
The reward at the end will be worth the trip.. one day at a time .