Installed the original rally’s

So before this years 2022 meet in Carlisle, I bought tires for the original Monte rally wheels but had not the time to change them out from American racer wheels on the car. 
yesterday I decided that it will go to somernights cruis in two weeks looking more original. And I must say I like the look.

could this be a return from modified to street,or maybe even original someday??? Who knows? Only time will tell. 😃A1263E3B-F16D-4D9A-9DAD-FEBD44399773.thumb.jpeg.0d0bcb497a910d4a68bb5da329326d4c.jpegB01D75A0-60D6-45A2-A2D6-E84BD02AB343.thumb.jpeg.0a5f2c7a59cfa891477e70204ea695c4.jpeg

• Like 9

15 hours ago, 70white402 said:

Love the original look. Can you get the whitewalls or redlines in the original pencil thick size?  I think it was 3/8” originally.

You can still get the thin red line tires, but they were way over my head in price...could not find the thinner whites... but these are thinner than most 

20 hours ago, Leghome said:

I is going to be different. It looks good but I liked the others wheels gooder lol 

I also like the muscle look Larry , but these I appreciate as well. I have a picture of a 71 coming down the assembly line with this size whites but it has regular rims. But to me at least, the whites look pretty good on the rally’s too. Ron...

14 hours ago, Dtret said:

Hey Ron. Don’t forget you now have to come up with a different way of strapping the front of your car on the trailer, can’t go through the rim anymore. 

15 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Yes they do. 

PXL_20200912_215246274.jpg

IMG_20191005_110611.jpg

Love those reds !. 

Back in April 2007, I purchased 4 COOPER 225.70/15 this single WSW tires from DIAMOND BACK CLASSICS in S.C. 

I didn't like the black huge letters so they ground / polished them off.

They also will glue on any size WSW or color you want.

• Like 1