Sad day in History

jft69z

Just wanted to acknowledge that today marks a very sad day in history. 

Thoughts, prayers, and condolences for anyone who may have been directly (or indirectly) impacted, be it family, friends, colleagues, etc. 😔🙏

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

Like they say,You remember where you were when it happened. I was in the middle of building my stone wall around the front of my house. I went in to get coffee for the boys I had working with me and had the news channel on when I saw in the back drop, the plane coming across the New York City skyline, then hitting the tower.I was in pure shock, called the boys in to see it after they went off air. Tragic. These guys were on summer break fromcollege here,and I hired them all summer, they were getting ready to go back the following week. One big guy just left and never saw him again after that. We have a motorcycle ride every year to remember this day, it was cancelled due to rain all day, but went to where we ride out and to my surprise, lot was full of cars and people inside commemorating the day. To all those fallen ,prayers to all effected from this tragedy on American soil.

• Like 7

I was running service calls for Sears early that morning, heard the announcement on the radio. Couldn’t believe what I heard.. such a sad day, and full of heroes and people coming together... I for one ,will never forget!

so sorry for all those families. 🇺🇸

I was working at home at my desk at the time, needed some background noise, so i put the TV on (news channel). It was the time the first plane hit the first Tower. I couldn't believe what i was seeing. I changed the channel to other news channels and seen the same picture. I was standing there in awe not comprehending what i was watching. I stood there in shock for some time when the second plane hit the other Tower. At this point i knew America was under attack. As i continued to watch the tears were running down my face as i knew there were many people dying in front of me. I started to pray for them, and their families. It's still hard to believe this happened to us, here on our turf.

After all, i was kid working in the area with my Dad when they were building them. Drove past the site every day doing our route. Heck i was in the Towers at least a handful of times. Its just not the same there anymore. The skyline is different, the mood is Solemn. Its just not "The City" anymore, for me.

I will Never forget that terrible day, and also ALL THE HEROES that put themselves at harm's way from PO, FD, Medics, and so on!

More prayers to everyone who was affected and touched by this tragedy!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I was at work that day in Manhattan. I was working in my building near the Empire State building  listening to Howard Stern when he said that a plane hit the trade center,I and some of my coworkers went to the roof of the building and to our horror saw the tower on fire then got another shock when we watched another plane hit the second tower.We stood in the middle of 5th Ave and watched the terrible events unfold that day. That day and every time I think of it I think of a young man around my age at the time mid 20 s that would get on my bus each day at the trade center stop. After the clean up and the streets were open to buses months later the bus stoped at the trade center stop but the young man  never got on the bus again. I don't know what happened to him ,if he is married ,kids like myself now or he was one of the people lost that day. Makes me thank God for each day.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Will never forget. I remember being called in while on furlough (the ONLY day in over 30 years that I picked up the phone when a city number showed on caller ID). There was intel (thankfully wrong) that plane(s) might be bound here for the Willis (Sears) Tower.

What I particularly remember is the dead quiet for what seemed like an eternity afterwards as all air travel was suspended, especially living just 1/2 mile from Midway International Airport. Eerily quiet. 

60 Minutes did a great show Sunday.  If you didn’t see it live, I’m sure it can be located online somewhere. 

🇺🇸 NEVER FORGET 🇺🇸

• Like 3
  • Sad 1