***2023 Eastern Meet. 2 Options, 3 dates

Unfortunately Rockingham is in April again. That's an option but we have never had a meet that early,  April 14-16 

The other Two options are both 4th Saturday May or July in Somerset Ky. June won't work because of mini meet in Carlisle. 

So that's what it's down to.

Let me hear it! Or some event I Overlooked.

It’s Mother’s Day in April. 
April in Ky is typically wet. May is pretty good, that’s the memorial weekend like Larry said . 

July is humid and hot . 
I know somernites  cruise showcases certain model and makes of cars each month but I don’t know if next year’s models are picked yet. They use this in ther advertisements and have parking area of there own. 
most weekends of that cruse has anywhere from 1000 to 1,500 cars and has had more at times. Most parking is in the street or open parking areas downtown. Some areas may support a club tent if coordinated with cruise personnel. 
just trying to fill you in a little, you can visit somernites  cruise on Facebook to see pictures. Also visit at www.somernites cruise . Com..   Ron. 

• Like 1

PS there is no trophies or plaques or judging at somernights cruise. There are door prizes if you register and vendors…and food ..also the Friday night cruise at the somerset mall on the bypass usually has live music and food vendors…

as far as food in restaurants in somerset there is pretty much anything you want from Cracker Barrel to steaks to seafood to hamburgers to Chinese. 
Cumberland lake isn’t far away, Hugh man made lake with more shoreline that the state of Florida. 

i do not know of a Fairfield inn & suites in somerset Ky. But there are several others located on the main bypass around downtown. Hope this helps your decision some ….Ron..

• Like 1

I wish Rockingham was a little later in the year, but oh well. NC weather could go either way that time of year, but I would still definitely be on board. I like May for Somerset, KY. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

Somerset is an 11 hour drive so its definitely do-able for Linda and I. Plus all the really good bourbon comes from KY so.... I'm in!

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 6:31 AM, DragCat said:

I know it was a tad bit cold in Va last April. How far from the track/showfield is the hotel? I don't know anything about Somerset KY 

I checked, if we use the Fairfield Inn its about 10 miles from the track. That being said April weather may be a factor and my schedule may also make my decision attending the Rockingham meet, to early to tell.

Thanks Ron for the summertime cruise link 👍

• Like 1

I realize I am late to the game. But Nashville SuperSpeedway may be a good option for 23 or later years. 

This year they are hosting Nashvilles Cars and Coffee. 5000 plus cars, c10 Nationals and many others. 

I know the General Manager and could make some introductions. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Steve Sully said:

I realize I am late to the game. But Nashville SuperSpeedway may be a good option for 23 or later years. 

This year they are hosting Nashvilles Cars and Coffee. 5000 plus cars, c10 Nationals and many others. 

I know the General Manager and could make some introductions. 

Nashville would be scarey for me, the Gibson Custom shop it there, I'd probably go missing for a day 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jared Richey said:

I like may or July in KY.

May weather would be cooler.

I like May. Cooler weather is a plus in my book, and if it’s the fourth weekend in July, that’s the same time as our annual family vacation.

• Like 1