Just joined

Larry

Larry, Welcome aboard the club boards, we hope you like what you see here and decide to  become a full fledged dues paying member of the club.  You have found the very best site to gather information on these amazing Monte Carlo's.  Not only that there are a lot of great people in our Monte Carlo family here and we should be able to answer almost any question you could come up with.

rob

11 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Welcome Larry! Keep the pics coming of your progress.

Tom is right, we LOVE pictures here, not only of members finished projects but also their in progress pictures.

rob

• Like 1

6 hours ago, willie said:

Welcome Larry!!!   She looks great already!!!   I like the light color top!!!

Thanks, the top is actually just primer, vinyl was pulled off due to some minor rust spots. I keep going back and forth on whether to paint it or put vinyl back on. 

5 hours ago, Larry said:

Thanks, the top is actually just primer, vinyl was pulled off due to some minor rust spots. I keep going back and forth on whether to paint it or put vinyl back on. 

Paint it, in my opinion I never liked the vinyl tops. I'm not sure if two tone was an option in 72 but I know if mine was originally vinyl top when I painted it it would have been a two tone. It's your car do what you like.

9 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Paint it, in my opinion I never liked the vinyl tops. I'm not sure if two tone was an option in 72 but I know if mine was originally vinyl top when I painted it it would have been a two tone. It's your car do what you like.

Yes, Two-Tone was an option but only in Antique White for a roof color and 4 or 5 body colors.  

rob

• Like 2

1st......Welcome to the Club! Best $25 you'll ever spend. We also like to spend your money on parts we admire. 2nd ,Nice Monte ,as for the top,if your keeping it out of the elements ,put the top on. I have a trick to keep the rain out of the rear package tray area channel under the glass. The gold color cars,look better with the vinyl top to me . Like Steve said, you're car ,do what you want. Going back original or modify your ride ? We also like details on what you have there. Mine is a '72 also.4 yr restoration ( weekends only). 2 guys ,1 shop. Nut and bolt frame off style.Lots of rust and repair panels. 16yrs ,looks about the same, ( I know all the bad spots).  Do something more to it every year, never done. Going 427BBC / Turbo 400, 3:73 12 next.....The it might be finished.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

Edited by 420ponies
Added content
  • Like 5

And now,the snowball effect starts. Don't let it get to you, if it needs it, get it. You'll be better off later. Did the same with mine. Just don't forget the final product. Looks pretty clean up there on blocks.post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg