Dick Savage.. Celebration of Life Oct 16 Liberty NC

EDIT..

Celebration of Life
Richard Savage 1/1/43 - 9/22/22

Thank you all for the phone calls, cards, flowers, etc. I knew my dad touched many lives but really don’t know until they are gone. My family was Blessed. 

To celebrate his life “Richards’ way” we are joining the Liberty Car Show this coming Sunday 1-6. Please come out and bring your classic cars if you have one or not. Weather will be great! Please spread the word. Look forward to a BIG show out. 

Liberty Elementary School
Liberty, NC 27298

•  

I just got off the phone with Ann his daughter  

2 hrs ago of me posting this he had a heart attack driving down the road in his s10 with Joyce. Luckily she got the truck stopped and they avoided further disaster. 

Rescue squad tried for 45 min but he passed away.  😢 

I've known Richard and Joyce since may of 2006. He was a great friend, my engine builder, but a husband and dad.

We lost a great man today. I'm in shock....

Please keep this family in your prayers especially Joyce they did everything together.  And his daughter.

IMG_20190926_194308031_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20190927_175748732_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20190427_115325060.jpg

20210808_153405.jpg

Screenshot_20220922-172003_YouTube.jpg

• Like 1

I am so sorry to hear this.  They were very nice people and will be missed at some of our meets.  My thoughts and prayers go out to Joyce and their entire family

rob

Tragic news . Thoughts and prayers to the family, to you and all who have known him. Jared, I know how hard it is to lose a great friend. Lost my Uncle last Christmas. Grew up with him when I was in my early teens. Think about the times I was with him, you do the same with Richard,that will make a smile come across when you need it. Sorry for your loss of a good friend.

Richard Leo Savage, 79, of Liberty passed away on Thursday, September 22, 2022.

Richard was born on January 1, 1943 and was raised in Southbridge MA. In 1984 he moved his family to NC to live out his remaining years. He was a retired police officer and a retired machinist tool maker. Richard had a passion for working on classic cars and building high performance engines as well as participating in classic car shows. He was well known for his knowledge of Chevrolet engines. He was an avid blood donor to the American Red Cross. He loved his family and especially enjoyed watching his granddaughter play softball.

A celebration of Life will be held on October 16, 2022 at the Liberty Car Show in Liberty, NC.

Richard is survived by his wife of 54 years, Joyce Ann (Dwinell) Savage; son, Steven Patrick Savage; daughter, Ann Marie Savage; granddaughter, Cheyanne Nicole Cox; sister, Shirley Ann Washburn of Coldwater, MI; brother, Leo C. Savage of Sturgis, MI.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Leo E. and Claire M. Savage; and brother, Roger E. Savage. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2022 at 10:24 PM, sbarnette said:

Jared,

Do you know the time and location for Dick’s memorial service and the car show? 
Thanks,

Sammy

Celebration of Life

Thank you all for the phone calls, cards, flowers, etc. I knew my dad touched many lives but really don’t know until they are gone. My family was Blessed. 

To celebrate his life “Richards’ way” we are joining the Liberty Car Show this coming Sunday 1-6. Please come out and bring your classic cars if you have one or not. Weather will be great! Please spread the word. Look forward to a BIG show out. 

Liberty, NC 27298

I hope the weather is nice for the show. 

It's always hard to say goodbye to the people that we care about. I always enjoyed talking with Richard, He was a walking encyclopedia when it came to engines . 

So so sorry 😐. Met him and his wife in Bristol last year. Great great people. My wife and his really hit it off .prayers for the family ❤️. 🙏...

• Jared Richey changed the title to Dick Savage.. Celebration of Life Oct 16 Liberty NC

TTT

Celebration of Life

To celebrate his life “Richards’ way” we are joining the Liberty Car Show this coming Sunday 1-6. Please come out and bring your classic cars if you have one or not. Weather will be great! Please spread the word. Look forward to a BIG show out. 

Liberty, NC 27298

•