1970 SS at Mecum

15 hours ago, DragCat said:

Just throwing this out, Chicago auction next month. My quick look see no load leveler and I'll assume aftermarket manifold. 

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CH1022-522873/1970-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Agreed!   Let's take a GUESS what this one goes for?

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing $70-75K

5 hours ago, Dtret said:

I’m going 45,500. And I hope I’m wrong. 

I also hope you’re wrong. $67.5K is my guess. 

I’m still scratching my head at those extra seams in the vinyl roof. 

PS - there’s also a triple black ‘71 going across the block. I say this one brings $38K all day:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CH1022-522630/1971-chevrolet-monte-carlo/

14 hours ago, DragCat said:

I'll say 65K on the SS, not my money lol. 45K on Glens 71 

I set the alert on the ‘My Mecum’ website for both cars to see if the upward price trend continues. Also, I’m off the weekend of the auction and Schaumburg is not too far of a drive… Maybe I’ll see if I can’t get an admission ticket and go look at some cars. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Glen said:

I set the alert on the ‘My Mecum’ website for both cars to see if the upward price trend continues. Also, I’m off the weekend of the auction and Schaumburg is not too far of a drive… Maybe I’ll see if I can’t get an admission ticket and go look at some cars. 

Yea, if you get eyes on them you may have to alter your bid guesstimate, either up or down 🤣

2 hours ago, DragCat said:

Yea, if you get eyes on them you may have to alter your bid guesstimate, either up or down 🤣

Or maybe I’ll just run the bid up and then skedaddle after it’s insanely high. All I’ll have to decide is if I want to register to bid in Joe’s name or Dennis’s name. 🤔

8FE55B75-B9D8-4203-BDAD-7605AFE6A6BB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Come on Joe, let loose of some of those retirement funds.

rob

Believe me, I'm not afraid to spend money. I just have to be a little more thoughtful about it now. 😁

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Well luckily unless Glen covertly gets a bidder badge he'll never make it into the show so Joe and Dennis are possibly safe. Hey Dennis, I'm running low on checks, can ya send me a box ? 

No

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice job Glen!!!!    You know you can pre-register and do it over the phone, that would be cool!!!

Dennis i am surprised that you wouldn't tell Glen that. Maybe too busy printing those checks!!  LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My car bid up to 65k in Indy, if this one is as nice of paint and body it should do more since it's #a matching and has documents. That black on red was eye candy though. 🍬  Be interesting to see. I'm gonna say 75k

I'm still hoping Glen gets involved in the bidding, Dennis has lots of checks and needs another project 🤣 

I'm a tad cynical on the auction pictures as a rule 🙃 Last mecum auction I went to a " recently restored" FG had a beautiful paint job, only problem was the rust was already bubbling up...

I see 2 other FG's registered for their Chattanooga auction 

40 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I'm still hoping Glen gets involved in the bidding, Dennis has lots of checks and needs another project 🤣 

I'm a tad cynical on the auction pictures as a rule 🙃 Last mecum auction I went to a " recently restored" FG had a beautiful paint job, only problem was the rust was already bubbling up...

I see 2 other FG's registered for their Chattanooga auction 

I’d be more than willing to take on another project if you’re willing to pay for the new driveway we’re having done. It’s only 75,000 dollars. Come on please, pretty please. 🤪

9 hours ago, Dtret said:

I’d be more than willing to take on another project if you’re willing to pay for the new driveway we’re having done. It’s only 75,000 dollars. Come on please, pretty please. 🤪

NO 

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2022 at 9:52 PM, Grant MacPherson said:

I am going with $57,750. 

I was out of the room when it crossed, I think this was the closest, I just heard the announcer at the end of the auction. I may be wrong lol