Carb acc bracket

Does anyone know if there are different brackets to hold the acc cable to the carb.  Starting to put this 71 SS together and the cable seems to be too short. I have a NOS cable "in stock" its body is an inch longer, and the cable is 2 inches longer. I changed it and the cable seems to fit on carb, but the body of the cable still does not reach the bracket.  So i am guessing there is a different bracket, or the engine must be too far forward?  

What do you guys think???

LOL   You are right Mark, I started this morning and then my daughter stopped over with my grandson. Downhill from there! I tried to talk him into helping me with the Monte, he said sure. We went in the greenhouse and he played with every tool i had on the bench. I told him that i needed a hand to get the acc cable out, he said ok POP POP and walked out for something else to do. LOL  At that point i had to stop. But i got something done. I now know the cable doesn't fit!!!!! LOL Hopefully i can get some Monte time tomm, even though i have a 9;30 am soccer game for a different grandson!!!     Life is good (sometimes)  LOL

• Like 4

Figured I’d post here what I texted Willie in case I’m wrong. 3992376 was replaced in 7/72 by part number 326564. It works on all 70-72 engines except special high performance. Please correct me if my information is incorrect. 

73820808-20EF-4FF7-90FC-D966822F62B7.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey Willie. Here is a pic of "Barn Find"  Yes I know the end of the cable at the bracket is broken. IDC, for now, it still works. Lol 

Can't get you a part number, sorry, haven't seen the car in a yr. 😢😡

IMG_20200620_125238.jpg

• Like 1

Got up early today to take the 72 out for a road test to check the rear. Going to rain so thats out!!!  60-90% chance is way to high for me.          Going back in to see what is going on with the 71. Looks like we all have the same bracket (good thing). But the cable body is NOT long enough to reach the bracket (this is the problem).  Everyone says the engine should always be in the same spot. (Not original motor or tranny). Its a 73 P/U or RV motor. So to me the only thing left will be the acc cable itself must be to short. It was used, but marked BB, maybe just mismarked (my guess (hope)).  Even though it the body was an inch longer then the one that was on the car (that didnt fit either) and the cable itself was 2 inches longer.  I cant get the body of the cable to mount into the bracket.?????

Thanks for the help and posting of the pic Dennis and Tom!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, willie said:

Got up early today to take the 72 out for a road test to check the rear. Going to rain so thats out!!!  60-90% chance is way to high for me.  

I feel your pain, been raining here all week. Had a sunny day Friday so that was mostly spent doing outside work around the house . Did dust off the blue oval vert hoping for a weekend cruise but yesterday was a wash (pun intended) and today isn't looking good either 🙃

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, willie said:

Got up early today to take the 72 out for a road test to check the rear. Going to rain so thats out!!!  60-90% chance is way to high for me.          Going back in to see what is going on with the 71. Looks like we all have the same bracket (good thing). But the cable body is NOT long enough to reach the bracket (this is the problem).  Everyone says the engine should always be in the same spot. (Not original motor or tranny). Its a 73 P/U or RV motor. So to me the only thing left will be the acc cable itself must be to short. It was used, but marked BB, maybe just mismarked (my guess (hope)).  Even though it the body was an inch longer then the one that was on the car (that didnt fit either) and the cable itself was 2 inches longer.  I cant get the body of the cable to mount into the bracket.?????

If you’re going to drive the 72  ( not happening) does that mean you have had the rearend fixed?  

• Haha 1

Dennis all i had the time for was to put the Mopar posi additive in the rear. I have not had time to road test it yet. That was todays (first thing) to do. It rained as you know, i am a jerk. My stuff doesn't come out in the rain. Bad part about it i am not going to have time till next week, hopefully!!!