Cercasi chevrolet

Simone1988

Hello Simone, welcome to the club.

I took the liberty of translating your post:

Hi everyone, I'm new to the club.

I'm looking for a 69 70 71 chevrolet monte carlo, chevelle, malibu with Italian plates at reasonable prices, does anyone know one?

37 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Hello Simone. 

Don't know of any in America with Italian plates. Sorry. 

I'm thinking he's looking for vehicles in Italy, Tom.

10 hours ago, willie said:

Welcome Simone!!!

Joe great job, letting us know what he was saying!!!  Book, or knowledge???

Rob or Joe, do we have anyone as a member in Italy???

Willie, offhand I don't think we have any members on Italy.

rob

Rob that would be very cool if we did!

Mark either you have to tell us what you are saying, or we are going to have to pull Joe off the couch to translate for us!!  LOL 

I have the Good Morning part and the American muscle car part, but not sure how Germany fits in?  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, willie said:

Rob that would be very cool if we did!

Mark either you have to tell us what you are saying, or we are going to have to pull Joe off the couch to translate for us!!  LOL 

I have the Good Morning part and the American muscle car part, but not sure how Germany fits in?  

Good job Willie 👍 Just that there are companies in europe that handle the classics. I'm assuming from Joe's translation he wants something already plated because the safety requirements are pretty tight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

I have a hard enough time with English and apparently math. lol. 

Yea well my Italian is rustier than my math but I was an English major when I went to community college 🤣

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, willie said:

Willie, this is what Mark posted:

Hello and welcome. I'm not aware of anyone currently for sale, but I believe there is a company in Germany that sells American muscle cars from time to time. Good Luck.

In my case, even though I lived in Italy for a couple of years thanks to Uncle Sam, I never picked up the language with any great proficiency. I could order food, drinks & swear pretty good though 😁.

'Google Translate' does the trick here though, a lot more accurate than I would be able to do on my own. 

• Like 2

If I knew someone from over-seas was interested in a car here in the US I think, as a club, we should offer a service to see if we have a member nearby that could check out the car for them.  I don't know for sure but I think the one Paul had shipped to Ireland had more wrong with it than expected.

rob

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

If I knew someone from over-seas was interested in a car here in the US I think, as a club, we should offer a service to see if we have a member nearby that could check out the car for them.  I don't know for sure but I think the one Paul had shipped to Ireland had more wrong with it than expected.

rob

I wouldn’t have a problem with that. Yes I edited this to add…. I think also they need to be dues paying members of the club, so if this were to happen someone isn’t running around on a wild goose chase without any legitimate information on the person looking. Just my two cents 

• Like 3

I don't think anyone would mind putting eyes on a car for someone if it was close to them. I'd be hesitant "as a club" to offer that as a service. 

The reason I added the link to my un-translated post is they appear to work on American muscle cars, I don't know the safety laws/standards but if my memory is correct (yea just like my math ) ive read that people have had issues "plating" and American car in Europe. Ive seen a bunch of muscle car videos from Europe, so it can be done just don't know the hoops you have to jump through

When I was stationed overseas, I remember guys who bought European cars sold them when the transferred out because the cars didn't meet American safety standards and it was costly to have them updated. 

• Like 1

There are numerous "American" car clubs across Europe..... Getting in touch with a member there would probably help with the hoops that need to be jumped through. 

But as Mark mentioned, getting involved as a club could raise legal issues. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

rob

Buying online is a gamble at the best of times, but Paul has gotten lots of help from the guys (and gals) here to get through most of his issues. 

I know I'm glad this site exists. :)

• Like 2

I think what I was saying was not taken properly.  When I say "As a service" what I was referring to is how many people who have posted ads for cars they have seen on line and posted those ads here and offered to go to look at the car if someone was interested in.  I WAS NOT talking about assigning a value.  When I bought my Monte, it was a car on the other side of Pennsylvania so I contacted a friend of ours over there to go inspect the car for me.  He did not know much about cars but I was able to tell him what to look for on these cars.

When I said "As a service" I did not mean it was something the club would charge for.  What I was saying is if someone was interested in a car near me and someone posted on the boards asked me to check it out for them I would be glad to do that for them.  I would give them MY thoughts on the car.  I am not a professional appraiser and that would be known up front.  I would be as honest as I could.  I don't see that there would be any legal liability for the club for me to do something like that.  I think the offer would be appreciated.  The final decision to buy or pass on a deal would ultimately be in the hands of the person who is buying the car.  NO money would pass through my or any other members hands to close a deal.  It would be up to the potential buyer to make and close the deal.

rob

33 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

I think what I was saying was not taken properly. 

Thanks for clarifying Rob, obviously some of us have a had time with math and English among other things 🤣

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

I agree with you Rob. Not as a service but as a gesture of good will. But I still think the buyer should be a dues paying member of the club. 

Dennis, I understand your feelings.  I personally would do it for anyone if I am able.  The way I look at it, if someone in the club was able to connect someone with a first gen Monte that person could be a possible future dues paying member of the club.

Some people believe we should not allow anyone who is not a dues paying member to sell parts or cars here on the club website.  It was decided many years ago that this would prevent many parts or cars desired by our members from falling into our club members hands.  Our cars parts are hard enough to find without limiting their availability here.  I have purchased a number of parts from non-members who have advertised here and I know of at least a few members who have been able to acquire some very nice first gen Monte's.  

rob

• Like 1