clock gas gauge

Most owners have purchased or had their clocks rebuilt. 

As far as the gas gauge, very rarely the gauge itself is not working. What is the issue with yours? 

The gauge points to about 3 o’clock with the key on or off.  When I bought the car the gauge was just over full, I replaced the tank and sending unit with and in tank pump when I installed a holley sniper.  The chassis ground was corroded so I sanded it clean, if I remember correctly I verified continuity between the chassis and the fuel gauge terminal(a mind is a terrible thing to waste).  The tan wire in the trunk has no voltage to ground and I don’t get an ohms reading across it.    

Most of the dash light were burnt out so I replaced them. One had a loose trace on the circuit board but I was able to get it to lay down under the contact.  I pulled the connector from the pc board and attempted to clean it but didn’t see any issues there.  I have ordered a new circuit board( I guess that’s what you call it) thinking there may be an issue there.

thanks for the reply 

john

Did somebody say SNOWBALL!!!!!!!!

How is your heater core, carpet, should you add 3 point safety belts and about 5 other things I did after my heater core started leaking and steaming up the windows. Good time!! 

If this link works, enjoy it.

https://1971montecarlo.wordpress.com/1971-monte-carlo-no-a-c-heater-core-replacement-pics/

• Like 1

oh no, you mean this could happen, lol

I’m in Ocean City at the Endless Summer Cruise In and after looking at the multitude of well done cars it’s no longer a snowball it’s an avalanche.

• Like 1