clock contacts

Traveler

Replacing the pc board on the dash so while it’s out I pulled the clock, cleaned the contacts and the clock started but has become intermittent.  Anyone know a source for the contacts in the clock or is quarts the way to go?

I do not know where to get contacts for the clock. There are automotive clock rebuilders too. It depends on what your looking for, originality or a quartz movement. The original clock pauses each second. The quartz second hand constantly moves and does not stop for each second. Just another way to repair or replace it depending on how you want your clock moment to look. 

After running the clock overnight, the clock lost time even after I had cleaned it, lubed it and attempted to polish the contacts(over my work life it has been the rule to replace not polish contacts, but I tried with no success).

I have ordered a new quarts clock for two reasons;

first-lack of a source to purchase the contacts needed to repair the clock,

second-even if I found a source for the contacts they were a poor design choice to begin with and replacing the contacts would put me in the same position some time in the future.

thanks all you your advice

john

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...