replacing the pc board found multiple issues

Traveler

pulled the dash to replace the pc board and found the possible cause of lighting issues and the gas gauge malfunction, pc was in worse condition that I anticipated and I think I may have found the problem with the gas gauge as the end of the trace might have been pulled away from the plug that inserts into the pc board

18EB3939-78D3-4F5B-B398-733E024FE3C0.jpeg

• Like 2

replaced the board and clock, clock worked fine.  the circuit board not so well, I thought the gas gauge was working again but when I turned on the headlights the gas gauge dropped below empty, had no left turn signal replaced the new bulb still no turn signal dash light all the outside lights worked fine, no dash lights either

anyone have any advice?

Is the dash "grounded" correctly / fully

You could add an extra ground wire, that you know is truly grounded, for testing purposes.

Here are some pictures I have from my 71 with the optional gauge package.

I forgot to hook up the ground wire attached to the parking brake assembly and had some problems. 

I also remember being worried the power spade, for the clock, could "touch" the printed circuit and receive power or a short if I didn't add some black tape to insulate it. 

I also remember a problem people have had if the wrong headlight switch is used. Mine has 7 pins. some replacements do not. Again, for my 71 NO A/C 

Good luck!

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0314 (1).JPG

IMG_0323 (1).JPG

IMG_0377-2.JPG

• Like 1

from your pictures I did miss one ground the single wire to the instrument cluster, and I’m not sure of the emergency brake that I will have to check, I did tape the terminal on the clock

for me everyday is Saturday except Sunday hopefully I’ll be motivated enough to get it done tomorrow 

ps- the part store’s clock movement is the same as oem (second had stops after moving forward one second) the only differences are the lack of the clicking noise and the device that locks the adjusting nob to the stem is black not silver that and it’s quartz