1970 Monte Carlo

Whons

Welcome Wayne. Thank you for sharing your Monte with us. We love photos. This Club is a great resource of info and like minded Monte Carlo owners. Membership is $25 per year. We hope you will join us. 

I think I will get the chrome eventually. The guy who had it before me even had rear fender skirts on it. (sleeper look). there is no studs for mounting the trim back on, but I have a friend who restores cars for a living, and I know he can figure something out. the 350 engine is pushing 420 HP. I need to put a higher rpm stall converter in it next season. I will be joining.  Thanks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whons said:

I think I will get the chrome eventually. The guy who had it before me even had rear fender skirts on it. (sleeper look). there is no studs for mounting the trim back on, but I have a friend who restores cars for a living, and I know he can figure something out. the 350 engine is pushing 420 HP. I need to put a higher rpm stall converter in it next season. I will be joining.  Thanks

There are no studs but a lot of holes. 

Car is totally rust free. The openings for the side marker lights have been welded in, but you can't even tell. when I put the molding on I will get some plastic reflector material to fill the openings in the trim. Does anybody know where to buy the molding trim for the best price. I found one place $485.00

You may want to check with Leo Konik and Jared Richey.  They are both long time dues paying members here at the FGMCC

Phone: (810) 334-4162 (Michigan)
E-mail: leo@koniksklassiks.com
Web Page: www.koniksklassiks.com
Leo Konik has many new and used 70-72 Monte Carlo parts including NOS and used sheetmetal, bumpers, grilles, frames, suspension, glass, seats, front and rear door panels, consoles, and trim.

Jared Richey 864-940-2146

You may need to purchase the mounting hardware on line though

rob

4 hours ago, Whons said:

Car is totally rust free. The openings for the side marker lights have been welded in, but you can't even tell. when I put the molding on I will get some plastic reflector material to fill the openings in the trim. Does anybody know where to buy the molding trim for the best price. I found one place $485.00

There are no visible holes on any of the trim except the long rocker piece. ( only one I believe). All the trim is put on with clips the mount on the internal ridges.