Heat riser tube 454 big block

Windjamer14

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2022 at 7:56 AM, DragCat said:

For my own education, can someone post a pic of said tube? 

The price in the picture as shown is a few years old. At the time, that particular vendor had exactly ONE in stock and referenced just how rare they are as many people tossed them in the garbage when they put headers on. They’ve gone up (of course) from what I’ve seen a few months ago on eBay (also found exactly ONE used one listed). 

79CCC89F-C348-4B44-837E-EE7E2F0525AC.png

93BAB4E9-21B3-471F-86CC-78578B9CFDBD.png

1FB099FD-C46B-45EC-9E59-D9B5EA160D6D.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Glen said:

The price in the picture as shown is a few years old. At the time, that particular vendor had exactly ONE in stock and referenced just how rare they are as many people tossed them in the garbage when they put headers on. They’ve gone up (of course) from what I’ve seen a few months ago on eBay (also found exactly ONE used one listed). 

79CCC89F-C348-4B44-837E-EE7E2F0525AC.png

Thanks for the info Glen, my 70 didn't have it, it had the "paper" tube like my blue oval car.  I got curious when I googled it and the valve showed up. 

https://www.ss396.com/monte-carlo/EHS-128.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj7_1teeH-wIVEWyGCh3CdQgKEAQYASABEgIOBvD_BwE

It’s the one for the chevelle that’s nuts in price. The Monte one shouldn’t be bad but still hard to find. People heard a rattle under the hood, pulled over and yanked the shield off and tossed it. Dang them. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Dtret said:

It’s the one for the chevelle that’s nuts in price. The Monte one shouldn’t be bad but still hard to find. People heard a rattle under the hood, pulled over and yanked the shield off and tossed it. Dang them. 

Oh crap. The one pictured on the granite counter is the one I have which I grabbed from Bob when I bought the ‘71. Wanted to get it while available for when the ‘70 goes back to stock someday. Im gonna have to dig it out of the rafters to be certain, but something tells me that what I have is for a Chevelle. Gonna have to compare it to what’s on the ‘71. 

• Like 1