the Parts Store clock

Traveler

Replaced the clock with the Parts Store quartz model, after a few days it has gained 40 minutes(running fast), has anyone experienced this?

I have been dealing with a dashboard grounding issue, gas gauge going below empty with the headlights on, could this be symptomatic of the same problem?

Could be. My clock for the parts place works very well and only loses a few minutes every month or so. Of course you won't know for sure until you get the other stuff sorted as I do believe if the voltage going to the clock is high it will run faster than it should. 

13 hours ago, Traveler said:

Replaced the clock with the Parts Store quartz model, after a few days it has gained 40 minutes(running fast), has anyone experienced this?

I have been dealing with a dashboard grounding issue, gas gauge going below empty with the headlights on, could this be symptomatic of the same problem?

Why don't you connect the clock to an external 12 volt battery that is not otherwise connected to the car. Only supply power to the new clock and eliminate all other potentials problems / issues. If it keeps time correctly you know there is an issue in the circuitry of the car as opposed to something being wrong with the clock.

20 hours ago, LS65Speed said:

Unfortunately if the clock works right during the test you come away w/o knowing what the issue is within the car. 

But a good place to start would most likely be in the gas gauge/headlight switch issue. The idea of checking the clock straight from a battery source is a great idea but regardless of the result I would dig into the headlight switch issue quickly. Sounds like a printed circuit board problem to me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Clock worked fine after installing another ground.  I may have set it wrong to begin with, if my memory serves me correctly I removed my watch as I didn’t want to scratch it up working in confined spaces,

• Like 1

I just checked and my clock is off (fast) by 1 hour today. 

This spring it was off 1 hour also but it was slow. 😁.

(Sorry, I had to)

• Haha 1