Factory style rear swaybar.. is it worth it?

Hello everyone, 
I went and pulled my gas tank and decided  it would be a good time to replace the shocks, so might as well do the springs too, bushings looked a bit worn so the logical thing to do at that point is to rip the rearend out of the car and start buying things without thinking ahead...  I purchased a heavy duty rear swaybar that bolts to factory location, my car did not come with a swaybar from the factory. Is it worth the upgrade or should I box it up and send it back?  They kinda look like the old 4x4 axle truss kits from 4 wheeler magazine in the 90s.

thank you.

Others that have added a sway bar say they make a big difference,  I did purchase one and the boxed lower control arms I just haven't gotten around to putting it on yet so I'd say do it, of course you'll have to box your rear lower control arms if they are not boxed. Sounds like the snowball has started lol.

• Haha 1

Worth it, yes! If your lower control arms are not boxed either get a complete upper and lower aftermarket kit or factory F41 lower boxed arms. You will be happy you did. What a difference! 

• Like 2

Man, if you were looking for the 4x4 kit , I just got rid of one for the price of shipping. Definitely worth the money. I have the UMI performance kit in mine. Upper ,Lower and large sway bar. This tank is like a go cart around corners, and very little sway. Plus it still runs down the road with a smooth ride to me. I also have tubular upper and lower front control arms. Next upgrade, coil overs all around.post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MC1of80 said:

Worth it, yes! If your lower control arms are not boxed either get a complete upper and lower aftermarket kit or factory F41 lower boxed arms. You will be happy you did. What a difference! 

Yes the replacement arms are pre-drilled for the swaybar ....  I found that by the time I’m done reconditioning the old ones and purchasing new bushings it’s almost the same price as the new set and a lot less elbow grease.

30 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

Man, if you were looking for the 4x4 kit , I just got rid of one for the price of shipping. Definitely worth the money. I have the UMI performance kit in mine. Upper ,Lower and large sway bar. This tank is like a go cart around corners, and very little sway. Plus it still runs down the road with a smooth ride to me. I also have tubular upper and lower front control arms. Next upgrade, coil overs all around.post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg

Is your car a bbc or sbc?

I added one years ago and did NOT box the frame, just used short bolts.

15+ years later I had the frame boxed but there was no damage using only the inside part of the arm vs a long bolt through both sides and added metal.

• Like 1

SBC 355 cu .inch, 420 hp,like what Vic Edlebrock did back in the early '90's,( dating myself). It's going to 427 BBC this year, we're thinking 560 hp and lots of bottom end torque. It's going to need it with the 2 tons of rolling stock. That's why I'm going with the coil over shocks all around...gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

• Like 2