Possibly new member that needs guidance on purchase

Gnfanatic

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

There is a gold 72 in Ohio right now for sale for 20 grand, looks pretty nice and documented.  It's on the 70 through 72 monte carlo page on Facebook. It's worth a look.

It's got some rust near the back window, that may not be a simple, or cheap fix.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I guess I missed that 😕 

Look at the pics, lot of bubbles below the window trim adjacent to the trunk. If it's there, it's all under the vinyl roof too, I'm thinking.

Just noticed more rust on the right sail panel, under the vinyl, behind the Monte Carlo emblem.

Nice car though,... buckets, console, rear defog, power windows & locks but maybe added later? Don't see that on the build sheet though, unless that ZP5-Appearance group has something to do with it?

EDIT: Looked at those handy GM archive documents & it seems the ZP5 group just includes Bumper Guards, Door Edge Guards, color keyed mats and visor vanity mirror. Buckets, console, rear defog, windows & power lock RPO codes do not appear on the build sheet. Still nice additions though.

• Like 1

Starting to not add up on the gold one....

Lot of stuff not on the build sheet, but seller says it's original.

According to the build sheet trim code 715, car came with a green, cloth bench seat. 

It may be 'factory' as he says, but doesn't appear to be installed on this car originally.

snip.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Boyte said:

I fully agree, doesn't look to be accurate !!

I have zero confidence in the seller and I personally would look elsewhere !

100% agree. Still no response yet to my last posting on the FB string. For $20K "FIRM", I'd want to know as much as I can about the car, and I've seen enough already.

• Like 1

hey guys, looking at another one next week. Fresh paint (Silver). They took off all doors, trunk and hood for paint. This is what I know so far..

383 stroker, Brodex heads, solid lifter cam,10.5:1 compression, 750DP dynoed at 520hp

200R4 build by Freddie Brown with a 2800 stall converter

GM 10 bolt with Eaton Trutrack and 373 gears

New weather strip, glass and bumpers, radio,headliner, gas tank,new brakes and led headlights.

Black interior and center console.

supposedly no rust anywhere, asking $37,500

monte.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gnfanatic said:

hey guys, looking at another one next week. Fresh paint (Silver). They took off all doors, trunk and hood for paint. This is what I know so far..

383 stroker, Brodex heads, solid lifter cam,10.5:1 compression, 750DP dynoed at 520hp

200R4 build by Freddie Brown with a 2800 stall converter

GM 10 bolt with Eaton Trutrack and 373 gears

New weather strip, glass and bumpers, radio,headliner, gas tank,new brakes and led headlights.

Black interior and center console.

supposedly no rust anywhere, asking $37,500

Good Luck, keep us posted