No spark

Leghome

I had MSD test and upgrade my Multi spark ignition box a couple of weeks ago. It ran fine two weeks ago today, on Sunday I went to back it out of the garage and it died. I have went back to the stock ignition module in the HEI, changed the pickup coil, the rotor, distributor cap, coil on top of HEI, the leads from the module to the distributor cap, the carbon button between rotor and coil and still have no spark. The is 12 volts going into the cap and I am starting to crazier trying to figure out what is wrong. Any ideas of what to check on next

Since you did all that, time for the stupid questions. With the cap off, cranking the engine, does the rotor turn? On tdc does the rotor point to the #1 cylinder? 

• Like 1

A good friend who retired form Delco Remy's ignition lab had a new coil for the dist, cap. After 3 hours we put it in and it fired. We had tried two other coils with no luck so now to tweek the timing and maybe rehook up the MSD box.

• Like 2