drive shaft slip yoke on 70 trans swap

Batman

i am swapping my turbo 350 for a 2004r out of 86ss . i tried putting slip yoke from 350 in to the 2004r and goes in about1/8 and binds up.i dont see any burrs or anything that should keep from sliding on. anybody  run into this or know what it could be.

If you look in the end of the yoke, you'll see that one spline is missing. You'll have to line this up with the wide spline on the transmission output shaft. 

I've done this swap, and love the ease that it was, as well as the results.

One point of note.... Are you running a stock (or close to) engine, and did you have the transmission re built ?

Montelishi already had an added aftermarket transmission cooler, so I just tied into that. But remember to change the fittings at the transmission. '86 will be metric thread and everything else is SAE. If you don't, you will get leaks. 

i counted spines today.my 2004r has 26 output shaft. the slip yoke that was in my th350 has 27 thats why i cant get it to slid in.guess i need a 26 spine slip yoke.if i find one will o.d. be correct.i am going to call builder tuesday see if he knows what is going on