Back in a Monte!

70 Owner

Hi, I go by the nickname "Jay".  I’m a retired Air Force Master Sergeant now living in Springfield, Missouri.  My first car when I was 17 years old was a 1970 Monte Carlo.  I’ve wanted another one for a long time and finally made the move on one this summer.  It’s a 1970 with a 383 stroker engine and a 700R4 transmission.  It was restored with many custom touches, but it retains the classic look and feel that I love.  I’ve always enjoyed going to car shows as a spectator, and now I get to participate in them!  I get lots of compliments and enjoy the car more every day.  Happy to be a member of FGMCC to share info and photos with other Monte Carlo lovers.

Monte in driveway Sep 2022 resized.jpg

Monte at 66 show resized.jpg

Monte at 66 show 3 resized.jpg

John Short 1970 Monte Carlo interior resized.jpg

• Like 9

Jay,, that is a beautiful 70 Monte.  When I was in the Air Force back in 68-72 I was stationed a little south east of where you now live, in Blytheville, Ark.  It was a Strategic Air Command  (SAC) at the time.  It had a name change and closed a number of years after I got out.  An old Air Force buddy of mine lives in Springfield, MO.  Welcome aboard the club.  

rob

First of all, welcome to the FGMCC !!! Second, thank you for your service. Congratulations on owning your 2nd Monte and becoming a Club member. We hope you enjoy it and get to participate in various Club events. 

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and your kind Veteran's Day comments.  Some have asked for pictures of the engine.  It's a strong running and reliable 383 stroker.

Monte engine.jpg

Monte on road cropped.jpg

• Like 7

Welcome to the club and forums, Jay!  Your '70 is a classic beauty and the exterior color combo is somewhat familiar.  I owned an Autumn Gold and Black vinyl top '70 SS454 for eight years and always loved that color.  My first new car out of college was an Autumn Gold '70 with a white vinyl top.  Looks like your '70 has an upgraded drivetrain and some other tasteful, well-executed mods to add to your enjoyment.  Well done!

IMG_3758.JPG

• Like 1

Great picture of your SS - gorgeous!  That's something I love about that color - it looks different under different light conditions.  Nice 4-speed Monte you have now.  Thanks for your welcome and compliments.