Barnfinds - 1971 "Rare" 3-speed manual

This was sent to me by Dennis, via Chris Shipley as they were having trouble posting it. Hopefully it will work this time

https://barnfinds.com/rare-3-speed-manual-1971-chevrolet-monte-carlo/

Thanks Joe. The problem wasn’t loading it, the problem is I’m stupid. Lol. Cool car though. Easy restoration and rare. 10,000 didn’t even make the reserve. I wonder what his sold price will be? 

• Like 1

Spoke to the owner/ flipper. He wants 12,995. Doesn't look to be in bad shape. 

Remember a 3 speed and 350 2bbl was the standard trans/engine combo for the Monte in 71. Autos and the 4 speed were options. So it is basically a plain Jane. It does have a "Few" factory options. 

Is it rare? Sure, most people purchasing a "luxury" Monte Carlo back in the day opted for automatics. But like Rob Peters says, " just because it's rare, does it make it valuable?". 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bob 71 said:

ive seen one at adirondack nationals last couple years. nice car silver/gray with black interior. he likes the fact its a 3 speed. says its different

Vegas and Pintos were different too, doesn't make them desirable, lol

3 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Vegas and Pintos were different too, doesn't make them desirable, lol

Yes but there are Vega clubs and Pinto clubs. Kinda like the Fiero club. I’m not helping my case here am I. 

17 minutes ago, Dtret said:

You’ve see the V8 Vega. How bout a V8 Pinto. The double death trap. lol 😂 

I was thinking more on the lines of the stripped down, no option crap boxes, sort of like ordering a Monte on the cheap.

Many, many years ago I looked at a V8 Vega, but it was sort of hacked up. Glad I passed on that one.

14 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Yes but there are Vega clubs and Pinto clubs. Kinda like the Fiero club. I’m not helping my case here am I. 

I burst out laughing at that!

Yeah, every kid gets a trophy nowadays, even the one that catches the ball with his face.  :doh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I was thinking more on the lines of the stripped down, no option crap boxes, sort of like ordering a Monte on the cheap.

Many, many years ago I looked at a V8 Vega, but it was sort of hacked up. Glad I passed on that one.

Yeah, every kid gets a trophy nowadays, even the one that catches the ball with his face.  :doh:

I took a few to the face in my days playing baseball but I was a catcher so most times I had a mask on so it didn't hurt to bad but there was that one time I was standing near the first base line and took a line drive to the face, I had 2 black eyes and a broken nose to show for not paying attention. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

I went in a different direction. Built this in the middle 80’s. I parked it beside the house and uncovered it to fire it up. Middle January, Minnesota. My gf’s brother had the Vega and his brother had a Pontiac Astra  

E9A31631-E22A-410D-A0BB-33520419B61D.jpeg

26A7F651-6CA3-4235-8003-74A25DEEEC4A.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dtret said:

I went in a different direction. Built this in the middle 80’s. I parked it beside the house and uncovered it to fire it up. Middle January, Minnesota. My gf’s brother had the Vega and his brother had a Pontiac Astra  

E9A31631-E22A-410D-A0BB-33520419B61D.jpeg

26A7F651-6CA3-4235-8003-74A25DEEEC4A.jpeg

I bought a Buick version of that car for my oldest daughter and she called it ugly and would not drive it. It had the even fire 231 V 6. The motor had been rebuilt and it ran like a scaled dog was really quick even with the turbo automatic.  I ended selling it because I did not need that many car’s around 

I drove one that was traded in at the Ford dealership I worked at many years ago.

It was so strange to drive a 71 Monte with a 3 speed stick in the column.