First Gen Monte on Chicago Med Tonight

Rob Peters

I saw it and took pics, was going to post them up earlier. The beauty of a DVR is you can freeze, rewind, pause. After further review, it was a different car than the 70 SS454 that was in the initial pics. The wreck appears to be a 72 that is missing right side door trim, rear wheel trim, and it appears the left quarter was possibly already damaged when I stepped thru it frame by frame?    🔎 

The nice 70 SS454:

20221116_202626.jpg

The donor car before impact:

20221116_212123.jpg

The donor 72 Monte after impact:

20221116_212041.jpg

• Like 2

Just by chance, the tv at work was on when I noticed the scene where they were driving. I grabbed my phone to snap pix just in time to see them get crushed. Notice that the passenger rocker trim is missing before the collision 😂🤣. Typical Chicago driver. 

AC68773D-E01F-495C-926A-BD3CA2DC8A9B.jpeg

9022A9FA-19DF-4D0C-96EC-12A7DCDE408D.jpeg

34C1252F-C8C4-4C8D-9550-C1439B42048A.jpeg

338D5FC9-CF44-43F0-A456-E08C88978BF7.jpeg

8E2ACB94-304E-41EC-BCCA-E27CD92209C6.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Just by chance, the tv at work was on when I noticed the scene where they were driving. I grabbed my phone to snap pix just in time to see them get crushed. Notice that the passenger rocker trim is missing before the collision 😂🤣. Typical Chicago driver. 

Great pictures!

• Like 2

I watched this last night and knew the boards would lite up this morning.  The attention to detail about this disaster from this club is outstanding.  All I did was get mad at destroying such a beautiful car.

Was there one or two different cars?

In one I believe it is a 71 ft end but another picture it looks like a 72 from the rear.

I need to go watch it, I recorded it last night.

It's a 72 that the TV gurus fabricated a grill to look like the hero 70 Monte. Notice the 72 front bumper and how the grill is close to the headlight chrome due to them covering the 72 turn signals. 

• Like 1

I bet the Fiero boys don't have this much fun dissecting tv show appearances of their cars. Probably because ....well, .....maybe I'll just try to be nice here and stop now...🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I bet the Fiero boys don't have this much fun dissecting tv show appearances of their cars. Probably because ....well, .....maybe I'll just try to be nice here and stop now...🤣

Don’t get them started on that. Again. Lol. 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, jft69z said:

I saw it and took pics, was going to post them up earlier. The beauty of a DVR is you can freeze, rewind, pause. After further review, it was a different car than the 70 SS454 that was in the initial pics. The wreck appears to be a 72 that is missing right side door trim, rear wheel trim, and it appears the left quarter was possibly already damaged when I stepped thru it frame by frame?    🔎 

The nice 70 SS454:

20221116_202626.jpg

The donor car before impact:

20221116_212123.jpg

The donor 72 Monte after impact:

20221116_212041.jpg

Good eye !!!

Just watched it. Yep Happy the great looking 70 SS 454 was not the final scene. I can sleep OK tonight. 😊 

53 minutes ago, stangeba said:

Just watched it. Yep Happy the great looking 70 SS 454 was not the final scene. I can sleep OK tonight. 😊 

That is until you find out it was a W code 72. Sleep well. Lolol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2