72 Vert @ Mecum 2023

Absolute beautiful car , However it being dealer converted when new.... That's a new one for me...??  Would actually need to see verified documentation from the  "Dealer" and even then, I would still have doubts.  

Would I like to have the car ... Absolutely !!!!!

As stated, it's going to be expensive !!!

• Like 2

I agree with the others... Beautiful car, going to be expensive and no faith in the claim of a "dealer" conversion when new without paperwork and says it's a numbers matching 402 car. 🤔

• Like 3

I truly doubt this was done at dealer from new. Who was doing that in 72?

Chevelle interior, cutlass top, it's not a Monte anymore (IMHO) but is a nice car.

Not my taste.... good luck to the seller

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rare SS said:

Chevelle interior, cutlass top, it's not a Monte anymore (IMHO) but is a nice car.

I feel Chevrolet shoule have made a Monte drop-top.  Unfortunately if someone wants one they will have to make one using Chevelle, olds or Buick parts.  

I would love to to have a properly converted convert and the only way to do it would be to use parts from other donors. That said, O would not say it isn't a Monte anymore.

rob

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

I feel Chevrolet shoule have made a Monte drop-top.  Unfortunately if someone wants one they will have to make one using Chevelle, olds or Buick parts.  

I would love to to have a properly converted convert and the only way to do it would be to use parts from other donors. That said, O would not say it isn't a Monte anymore.

rob

I too would love to havve seen a factory convertible made.

In these days of 3D printing, etc I wonder if someone will come out with a retractable hardtop roof. (Neatly tucked away in the trunk of course!)

Now THAT would be cool! 

Jeff 70SS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rare SS said:

In these days of 3D printing, etc I wonder if someone will come out with a retractable hardtop roof. (Neatly tucked away in the trunk of course!)

Kindig would probably be the most likely shop to pull that one off. 

• Like 2

There were 2 first gen Monte Carlos, converted to convertibles in the area just North of Detroit, Michigan.

I believe the original owner / builder has passed but one, blue, still was owned by his son, at the Woodward Dream Cruise 2 years ago. I can't find the picture I took but remember seeing them several times years ago.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

That car bid up to a good number a few years ago at mecum but they decided to no sell it. It's at the Daytona turkey run about every year. It's a nice car I just don't like the olds cutlass dog leg in the quarter panel. Chevelle top quarters work better.

Steve has my personal favorite convertible I had the pleasure of refreshing. Formerly owned by winfred owens.

So, Steve's car has the Chevelle convert piece? That convertible looks amazing !  I was really thinking of doing this to mine, since it was all blown apart for the restore. Someone near here had an Olds Cutlass that was a convertible ,it  was the only thing that wasn't rusted. Wanted way too much for it, I bet it is still sitting at his place (20 yrs). I'm tempted to drive by and get a look. I don't think Dan Devine would be up to the task, Florida has made him too relaxed!! I'm getting there.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...