And so it begins again

cny first gen 71

So my latest mishap is this,  I got hood all ready for paint and started painting,  I didn't like the way the paint was laying out so I stopped.  Wet sanded after it dried good and was ready to do it again after making a couple adjustments in spray pattern volume and air pressure.  So mixed up the last about 3/4 of a quart of paint (plenty to finish) while going to garage from laundry room (where I mixed it) I went to grab a strainer and dropped the quart can of paint. What a freaking mess, most of it landed on a stair that's carpet so it soaked it up and that carpet is going to be replaced anyhow but I got it all over me my hands face and clothes and in one eye too, I look like a smerf. So I sprayed out what little paint I have left and it's off to spend another $150.00 on more paint. Morel of the story is if it not that bad leave the damn thing alone.

20230117_120354.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

You got this Steve. The first time was a practice run. Everyone that saw it at Syracuse thought it looked great.  Apparently, you fooled us all. Perfection just takes a little longer. Take your time and you will get the desired results you want. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. 

• Like 2

Whoa ,Whoa, Let's not get to down on the boy.You know he's retired and can't find anything else to do with his time. I'm thinking Karma is doing it's thing and he should do more than 1  hood (hint,hint). That said , that carpet will need to go . Maybe some plank flooring would be better, less cleanup. You know me Steve, always looking out for you! Remember, my hood is Blue too!!gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Dennis don't get any ideas. You have Steve beat by leaps and bounds!!  No way he can catch up to you, and if it weren't for that Smurf character who pushed Steve we wouldn't have this situation!!!   LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, willie said:

Dennis don't get any ideas. You have Steve beat by leaps and bounds!!  No way he can catch up to you, and if it weren't for that Smurf character who pushed Steve we wouldn't have this situation!!!   LOL

Thanks Willie. It probably can’t be beat the standard has been set. If someone is unfortunate enough to beat it , then I will wish prayers ahead of time to their family. That being said a lesser quality knuckle head move can win. All in fun. I wish no harm to anyone ( yet). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Well thd hood is now blue and shiny too 😀 I'm happy with the way it came out. Got a few dust spots and a couple sags but overall happy the way it came out. I'll let it cure for a bit wet sand and buff. Thanks for all the encouragement! :yay::yay::yay:

20230118_122457.jpg

Looks great in the pic and glad your happy with it 👍 So like James mentioned,, when do you start taking orders ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You see Steve, orders are coming in already. Who knew? I'm telling you, Karma makes things happen. I can see a bright, Blue future beginning for you in your retirement years !! They bring the hoods to you, you do them " when you get time" , all is good. Remember, production has flaws ,Quality takes time, and.     time.......... is Money !!gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

• Like 5