And so it begins again

cny first gen 71

Steve, Just as I thought , another great job and a great advertisement for the retirement niche!! I knew you could pull it off !! My hood is off and just waiting for you say " bring it on up "  . As for an update on that 12 bolt rear, it's just about ready for install in the Monte. Setting pinion depth today, Yukon  posi-traction unit is next . should be back in the car next week. Also, Moser Street axles. gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 420ponies said:

Steve, Just as I thought , another great job and a great advertisement for the retirement niche!! I knew you could pull it off !! My hood is off and just waiting for you say " bring it on up "  . As for an update on that 12 bolt rear, it's just about ready for install in the Monte. Setting pinion depth today, Yukon  posi-traction unit is next . should be back in the car next week. Also, Moser Street axles. gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

Ya know Jim if I had a better work shop I may think about it but I just don't have the room in my garage. Maybe when I get my dream shop I'll think about it but probably be to old by then 🤣🤣🤣 thank you for your kind words!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Boyte said:

Steve,  that is absolutely STUNNING !!!  

You did a fantastic job and I am quite certain, 

The orders are going to be rolling in !!

I can now see that becoming a full time thing 😂

Thank you very much Mike that means a lot to me coming from you. As I said if I hade more room I'd think about it but for now I'll just stick to mine. It wouldn't be a cheep thing to do, it involves a lot of time and tools that to get if I did more of them doing everything by hand is very time consuming. Plus I got my electric bill for last month and it doubled because I have electric heat in the garage. 

10 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Yea warmer weather has to come first,  gotta move car outside to put it back on although I can get hinges on in the mean time.

I remember putting my hood back on after the engine swap, it took 3 of us 🤣 Looking forward to the finished pictures 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

I remember putting my hood back on after the engine swap, it took 3 of us 🤣 Looking forward to the finished pictures 

Me and my buddy Carl have done it a couple times now, we ain't scared 🤣 it is heavy and bulky though. 

• Like 4

I use 4 people, 1 is a "spotter"   Pizza and beer draw them in.  Kind of like the " block party " on Iron Resurrection, Love that show ! I need a "In" to ask if they would do my '65 Chevelle. Old School Pro Street. Steve, Sounds like you need to" Expand your new business" .Maybe a shop could loan you a space to do this awesome work !!gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

Edited by 420ponies
Added content
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

I got the hood back on the car today with help from Carl I gotta call it project complete.  I do have to say I highly recommend hood hinge repair I am 100 percent happy with the rebuild hinges, they hold the hood up perfectly at any height.  They are a little stiff right now but I assume they will break in somewhat. Please disregard the dust it's very dirty needs a good clean up.

20230322_144044.jpg

20230322_143832.jpg

• Like 6

On 1/17/2023 at 12:23 PM, cny first gen 71 said:

So my latest mishap is this,  I got hood all ready for paint and started painting,  I didn't like the way the paint was laying out so I stopped.  Wet sanded after it dried good and was ready to do it again after making a couple adjustments in spray pattern volume and air pressure.  So mixed up the last about 3/4 of a quart of paint (plenty to finish) while going to garage from laundry room (where I mixed it) I went to grab a strainer and dropped the quart can of paint. What a freaking mess, most of it landed on a stair that's carpet so it soaked it up and that carpet is going to be replaced anyhow but I got it all over me my hands face and clothes and in one eye too, I look like a smerf. So I sprayed out what little paint I have left and it's off to spend another $150.00 on more paint. Morel of the story is if it not that bad leave the damn thing alone.

20230117_120354.jpg

Sorry Steve, I'm laughing WITH you, not AT you. ;) 

I noticed you updated your occupation to retired SMURF. LOLOLOLOL

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I put the retired part someone else added the smurf part 🤣

Now who would do a mean thing like that LOL ROFLMA
O

• Haha 2

Steve,my hood is still off my car. So, when can I drop off? I see you have room for it now. That turned out great. Dust? I did not see any dust. Glad those new hinges worked out.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Leghome said:

Now who would do a mean thing like that LOL ROFLMA
O

🤷‍♂️..... I'll look into it....🔎.....😇

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Looking into that eh Joe? I bet you don't have to look very far 🤣

I'll get back to you when I find the culprit. 😄

• Haha 2