Tools from estate sale

Willie asked me to post these pics and info for him. Here is what he texted me, and please direct all questions to him:

Do you need or know anyone that could use these?    If you would like to post them on the club site that would be fine with me.   Small stuff around $50  lathe and milling/drill $1k the others $100.  Didn't want him to scrap it if someone could use it.    Tkx Joe

thumbnail_IMG_0816.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0817.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0818.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0819.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0820.jpg

Welder - SOLD

thumbnail_IMG_0821.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0822.jpg

Thanks for posting this Joe!!!    A friend of mine does these estate sales and came across this stuff. They are all metal machines, not woodworking!  I know he has a deadline when they have to be out by. But if anyone in the club or knows of someone that could use them PM me!  I will work with anyone who is interested. I can probably get every machine out except the lathe, that we will have to work something else out. The prices are stated above but i forgot to put the price of the press, its $300. If my friend doesnt sell these machines he will be forced to scrap them, so let me know if there is any interest?  Tkx Willie

The welder was sold last night but as of this morning everything else is still available

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Not that I'm interested, but pictures didn't load for me, just a blue ? 

Just now, 71MonteCarloMD said:

Same, don’t see pictures 

I reloaded them, they should work now.

• Like 2

If all the attachments for that press are there that would be a great price.  Holy crap, how many bench grinders does one man need.  I am sure each of them has a different grade of wheel.

rob

Thanks for loading them again, Joe!!!!

Rob, from what i understand the gentleman that owned this stuff had an exclusive contract back in the day for all the water meter repairs in a certain area. So i guess it was time sensitive for him to run from one to the other rather than constantly changing wheels. I was looking for a strong stand but wound up with a strong stand that also had a grinder on it. lol

I will say a club member here might be taking the press and will be looking at the milling machine also. Hope it fits and they can work out the details. 

I am glad that our club members saved some of these old but great machines. Don't like the idea of selling them for scrap!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, willie said:

Thanks for loading them again, Joe!!!!

You're very welcome Willie!

Glad some of the stuff may be going to a good home.

• Like 1

Most likely great old school quality tools. Scrap prices are in the tank now so he may be better off taking less money. Not that the prices are high anyway but it saves him the trouble of hauling them. If I only had more room. I am looking for a 36 inch or so sandblasting cabinet. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

Most likely great old school quality tools. Scrap prices are in the tank now so he may be better off taking less money. Not that the prices are high anyway but it saves him the trouble of hauling them. If I only had more room. I am looking for a 36 inch or so sandblasting cabinet. 

Don't you have bedroom space that recently opened up ? 

Dennis the dust goes all over the place make sure you put an exhaust fan if you put it in the basement.  I have one in the GH and i use a wet dry vacuum to the outside when i use it. Works great!!

5 hours ago, willie said:

Dennis the dust goes all over the place make sure you put an exhaust fan if you put it in the basement.  I have one in the GH and i use a wet dry vacuum to the outside when i use it. Works great!!

I will. Thanks. My little one does that now. Pita. It’s too small to hook up dust collection so I don’t use it much. I can’t do the patio thing again. It was too hard to clean up last time. Lol. 

• Like 1