2023 Syracuse Nationals - Mini Meet

Montemedic

Hello all,

I am happy to announce that I have found and secured a hotel with special group discounted room pricing that can accommodate our needs for the 2023 Syracuse Nationals. The reason this is being posted early is that hotel room availability in Syracuse will be 600 rooms less since a large local hotel has been purchased for senior and assisted living residences. If you have any intentions of attending this event, please book a room much sooner than later. Hotel space will be at a premium for this event. You must be a current, dues paying member of the First Generation Monte Carlo Club to make a hotel reservation and participate in this “Mini Meet”
Event Contact - CK Collins  (631) 445- 1958 cell or text. My email is Medic9435@yahoo.com  

*** Group name for reduced room rate reservation is,  “CK Collins - Syracuse Nationals”. Make sure to tell the representative this group name.

Arrival - Thursday 7/13/2023

Departure Sunday 7/16/2023

- Discounted Room Rate - The rate is $139.00 per night plus tax. Room is a double queen room only. Any other rooms are at the hotel prevailing rate. It is the responsibility each First Generation Monte Carlo Club member that reserves the room is solely responsible for the payment of the room or any hotel services rendered. The First Generation Monte Carlo Club is not responsible for any payment. 
- Reservations - Call the Hotel directly at (315) 457-9900. Do not use the Hilton online reservation system. It will not recognize the discounted group room rate for our Club. If you have Hilton HHonors  members can obtain your points when you check in at the front desk. 
- Reservation cut off date is by July 1, 2023 or until there are no more available rooms, whichever comes first. Please reserve your room early so you don’t miss out on this great room rate. 

- Check in, After 3pm on date of arrival

- Check out time is 12 noon. 

- Event dates - Thursday 7/13 (travel day- arrival), Friday 7/14 (show day), Saturday 7/15 (show day), Sunday 7/16 (1/2 day show, return home) 

- Hotel - Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton, Syracuse North (Airport Area) 1305 Buckley Road North Syracuse, New York 13212  Front desk - direct number (315) 457-9900.

- Hotel features -

Daily full Hot and Cold Breakfast

Complementary high speed internet and wireless access within the hotel

Complimentary coffee / tea in the hotel lobby 24/7

Complementary Onsite Fitness Center

Hilton HHonors - loyalty program that offers points and miles for free travel

Treat Shop for snacks, beverages and personal items you may have forgot to bring

Indoor pool and hot tub 

Irons, ironing board, flat screen LED TV, in room safes and microwave oven

Conveniently located next to the NYS Thruway I -90 (Exit 36) and I- 81 (Exit 25)   
- Also included for our group 

Garden hose with nozzle for vehicle washing

Early bird Breakfast starting at 530am on Friday and Saturday (Show days) 

- Hotel Parking - The hotel has sufficient parking for its guests located around the Hotel building perimeter. There are also multiple adjoining parking lots with plenty of room for parking your tow vehicle and car trailer at this facility. Another option is to leave your car trailer with or without your tow vehicle at the NYS Fairgrounds where the Syracuse Nationals are held. There are multiple very large parking areas provided for this. There is no charge to park there. 
A group of First Generation Monte Carlo Club members stayed at this hotel for the 2022 Syracuse Nationals. We felt it met all of our criteria, ability to obtain a contract for greatly reduced room prices, hot and cold daily breakfast, tow and show vehicle with trailer parking, hotel location with great access from 2 Interstate highways, near the NYS Fairgrounds where the Syracuse Nationals are held, the City of Syracuse with good local restaurants, gas stations for fuel, nearby local nightly cruise in’s. We even found a local homemade ice cream stand, just off the Hotel property. So come join us for the “Largest Car Show in the Northeast” on approximately 400 acres of the NYS Fairgrounds, meet other Club members, food, fun, camaraderie and I’ll even buy you a homemade ice cream cone !!!  Any questions or issues please call, text or email me.

Thank you,

CK Collins

Vice President and Syracuse Nationals Mini Meet Coordinator
First Generation Monte Carlo Club

• Like 5

Thank you for making this happen C.K., and Rob as well.

This is a HUGE savings from the regular room rate we paid last year, and I think they even gave me a veteran discount at the time.

As CK said, book now, otherwise you may not have a room down the road. Worst case, reserve the room now, it doesn't cost anything. If you decide not to go, cancel (actually, let CK know first) and the room can be transferred to another member at the discounted rate.

Great Job!

• Like 3

Thanks CK and Rob.  My room is now booked.     This is the perfect hotel for anyone towing and it’s convenient to to the show, gas, and ice cream!   I had a great time with cub members at this show and highly recommend it to anyone considering it.  

• Like 3

Just putting this out there for anyone who's reading this that's never been to a FGMCC meet, you won't be disappointed. And as its been said before you don't have to bring your Monte to attend. Ive been to 2 without mine and had a blast. Hopefully this year I'll have mine in tow 

• Like 6

You don't need to thank me, this is CK's baby.  I only looked at an made suggestions on the hotel contract, CK negotiated  with the hotel.

rob

• Like 3

CK have you talked to anyone from the nationals? Was wondering if they got the host hotel figured out as that is the one that was sold and being converted into apartments. It doesn't matter to me because I sign in right at the camping area when we get there on Wednesday but others will still have sign in and get there info packet at host hotel. Was just wondering I haven't talked to anyone about it.

I have not Steve but keep your ear to the ground. I don’t know if they are looking for another hotel or will set up somewhere outside the Fairgrounds (maybe in a trailer or outbuilding) to purchase or pick up your show passes for the event. I will reach out to them and let you know what I find out, when and if I hear anything. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Montemedic said:

I have not Steve but keep your ear to the ground. I don’t know if they are looking for another hotel or will set up somewhere outside the Fairgrounds (maybe in a trailer or outbuilding) to purchase or pick up your show passes for the event. I will reach out to them and let you know what I find out, when and if I hear anything. 

Ok if I hear anything I'll let you know also. Thank you for putting this together again always a good time for sure.

Bob, Looking forward to seeing you and your wife at the Syracuse Nationals. We are looking to make it bigger and better every year. Always a work in progress. 

• 3 months later...

This is three shows in one:  The main show at the fairgrounds with about 8,000 cars, the nightly "show" at the host hotel and surrounding streets, and, if you haven't seen enough, get an ice cream and walk around the FGMCC hotel lot to finish out the day.   Great shows, cars, food, and company!

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, FrankOC said:

This is three shows in one:  The main show at the fairgrounds with about 8,000 cars, the nightly "show" at the host hotel and surrounding streets, and, if you haven't seen enough, get an ice cream and walk around the FGMCC hotel lot to finish out the day.   Great shows, cars, food, and company!

Absolutely says it all Frank!

If anyone is on the fence about coming, re-read the above, and then sign up to come. You won't be disappointed.

• Like 5

As a local guy we start seeing cars rolling in town the Sunday and Monday before the show and see them running around town the whole week.  All the local cruise ins are usually packed that week.  Here its a week long show before the show even starts. I go into tge fairgrounds on Wednesday because we camp there for the rest of the week and most of the campers have show cars so it like a car show all week long in the camping area. It's a great time for sure, if you've never been trust me you want to go. Take it from someone that has never missed this show since it started 20 some years ago.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to it. Always a work in progress, looking to make it bigger and better every year. We will have some new members joining us too !!!

• Like 4

So, last year in August I had booked a couple of rooms in advance for this years 2023 Syracuse Nationals FGMCC mini-meet. We had such a great time there, we wanted to make sure we had a room for this years event. In the mean time, CK had negotiated with the hotel to get the FGMCC a club rate & Rob helped with the contract.

Fast forward to today when I finally decided to cross over my original reservations to the club block of rooms. My initial total cost per room (with taxes/fees) would have been $760 for the 3 night stay, well over $250 per night. After getting the reservations changes, the total cost with taxes is now $480 for the same exact nights. Keep in mind, this is with the taxes and fees included.

That's a savings of nearly $300! Sort of makes the $25 yearly FGMCC membership fee seem pretty insignificant. That's enough of a savings to cover the club dues for the next 11 years. That's just for this singular event. The same type of savings will be had for the Carlisle meet in June as well, which brings the the dues coverage from this years 2 events to about 20 years worth of membership fees. All I can say is a big THANK YOU to those that helped get the room rates reduced & also put on these events for us. 

The details for room reservations are at the very beginning of this thread, but the major details are:

- HOTEL - Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton, Syracuse North (Airport Area) 1305 Buckley Road North Syracuse, New York 13212

- PHONE - (315) 457-9900.

- Group name for reduced room rate reservation - "CK Collins - Syracuse Nationals".    Make sure to tell the representative this group name, it's important.

- Discounted Room Rate - The rate is $139.00 per night plus tax. Room is a double queen room only. (My original reservation was $227/night plus taxes)

- Typical arrival - Thursday 7/13/2023 & Departure Sunday 7/16/2023

If you're even thinking about coming, please reserve your rooms now, hotel space is at a premium due to the other hotels closing. At least you'll have a guaranteed place to sleep if you come. If you can't make it for whatever reason, don't just cancel the room thru the hotel, let CK, Rob, or even me know so the room can still be used for other club members, if the original window of reduced rate opportunity closes (after July 1st or if block of rooms is fully booked). 

• Like 7

Camping cost is $55 a night if you're a right coast member full hook ups ( which I am) car registration fee is $40 for members before June 1st goes up after that. They are great rates for the hotel for that weekend. A lot of the hotels sell out for that weekend too. Anyone on the fence I'd say go for it it's a great time. Club hotel is only 5 minutes from where I used to live about 35 years ago I'm about 15 minutes north of there now. See you all there!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 
Syracuse-Based Entrepreneurs Purchase Syracuse Nationals

Syracuse, NY – Paradise Galaxy LLC, a joint venture between locally owned businesses Paradise Companies and Galaxy Media Partners, has purchased the Syracuse Nationals. Each year, thousands of car enthusiasts from around the country flock to the Nationals, which is the largest car show in the Northeast.  Paradise Companies has been a long-term partner of the Syracuse Nationals and Galaxy Media has been a long-term promotional partner of the event. Paradise Galaxy will uphold the traditions and culture of the Syracuse Nationals while continuing to elevate this beloved event.

Rob O’Connor, who owns Right Coast Inc. and whose father was the founder of the Syracuse Nationals, said, “My dad's dream of bringing his car friends together 22 years ago has grown into one of the largest car shows in the country.  A drag racer from the Sixties, his passion for cars and entrepreneurial spirit drove him to start the Syracuse Nationals. He never imagined the event would bring so many people together who share his passion.  It was also important for him to give back, and I’m proud to say the Syracuse Nationals has contributed over $1.75M to local charities and is responsible for over $250M in economic impact in Central New York. As the Syracuse Nationals turns the page to a new chapter, I’m excited for the future because Paradise Galaxy holds the same values as my family.  I look forward to working with them to continue my father’s legacy for many, many years to come." 

Mr. O’Connor and his wife, Kaylie, will be staying on with Paradise Galaxy as consultants.

Paradise Companies, headquartered in Syracuse, is heavily involved with local events with the popular pizza fritte, lemonade and other vending stands. The company also stages local events such as Fright Nights and the Spooktacular Stroll.  

Grazi Zazzara, president and CEO of Paradise Companies, commented, "I've spent twenty years as a vendor at the Syracuse Nationals, and have experienced firsthand the incredible enthusiasm and energy that the O'Connor family and Right Coast have for the best car show in the Northeast. We're proud to partner with the Galaxy team as we bring this same enthusiasm and energy to this incredible tradition."

Galaxy Media Partners, which is also headquartered in Syracuse, owns 13 radio stations and stages numerous events in the area. This includes Taste of Syracuse, Lights on the Lake, Wine and Chocolate Festivals and the Spooktacular Stroll.  

Ed Levine, President and CEO of Galaxy Media Partners, said, “I've admired the Nationals from afar for over a decade. We're quite familiar with purchasing and partnering with legacy events, as that is how we became involved with both Taste of Syracuse and Lights on the Lake.  I’m proud of the work that we’ve done in enhancing both of those civic treasures and we intend to treat this latest jewel with all the respect and attention that it deserves”.

The 2023 Napa Syracuse Nationals will be held July 14th-16th at the NYS Fairgrounds.  Additional information regarding this year’s lineup and ticket information will be released later this month.

• Like 1

Lot of buzz on the FB groups about it (naturally). Hopefully it all works out good for everyone.

• Like 1