2023 Syracuse Nationals - Mini Meet

Montemedic

Business as usual for our 2023 Mini Meet at the Syracuse Nationals. We will keep an eye on any future changes and IF they may effect us. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

For those of you who are thinking about joining us for the 2023 Syracuse Nationals, please book your hotel room(s) by Friday June 30th for the Club price discounted rooms. We lose the discount on July 1st and the room rates will be back to full price. Don’t miss this opportunity !! All hotel information is at the the beginning of this thread. Any questions regarding this event, please give me a call, text or email. (631) 445-1958 or Medic9435@yahoo.com. Thanks, CK

• Like 2

People here are starting to get excited,  tickets are now on sale for spectators bill boards are up advertising has started schedule for bands and events are up on website.  I'm looking into renting a mobility scooter as I'm still not able to walk as well as I'd hoped.  As some of you know there is a ton of walking at this show. Can't wait to get there and see everyone!

• Like 7

Well, called to reserve a room. All taken? "Kevin" tried to help out, no dice. Place is sold out.Oh well, I'll do my usual and just come up for the day. I'm doing a "no rain" dance until the 16th, that way it will keep us out of the rain. gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 420ponies said:

Well, called to reserve a room. All taken? "Kevin" tried to help out, no dice. Place is sold out.Oh well, I'll do my usual and just come up for the day. I'm doing a "no rain" dance until the 16th, that way it will keep us out of the rain. gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

Glad you are feeling better Jim, you had us worried.

rob

• Like 1

How many members still need or want a room for this Mini Meet? If you do, please call, text or email me ASAP. I will call other hotels and see what rooms I can find. (631) 445-1958 or Medic9435@yahoo.com

• Like 2

If anyone has to cancel and has a hotel room, please let me know ASAP. I may be able to put another Club member in it. Thank you !!

• Like 1

Well I now have an appointment for Monday before nationals for my second mri and appointment Tuesday to find out results I also pick up my scooter Tuesday morning plus have to make a couple salads and pack up the trailer Tuesday and Wednesday morning as we are going over to fairgrounds probably around noon or so Wednesday.  We've been going in on Wednesdays for the past few years to try and get a better camping spot. Haven't heard any new announcements other than schedule and band line ups. I guess the new owners aren't as involved as the old ones were. I hope that's not a bad sign. They are going to have the rc drag races and nitro fest so they are always fun. Lots of great food and company for anyone who's on the fence about this event. Kids go cart racing is Thursday night also they are always fun to do for a while as long as we don't have any liquid sunshine. 

• Like 3

Forward progress Steve. Glad your doing better and taking care of this issue. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Looking forward to the Syracuse Nationals and see you soon !!!

• Like 1

I made the mistake of looking at the 10 day weather forecast....

Like we say here in Central New York if you don't like the weather wait a minute it'll change 😅 I can only remember 1 year there was no rain for the entire weekend of course it was 95 degrees too. We call it liquid sunshine 🌞 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Didn't you do that for Carlisle and jinx it ? 

Apparently...

But it did help Frank find a leak,  he never knew he had. 😔

Sorry Frank...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Really another wet one????  I am not sure i am mentally capable of psyching myself into another weekend of wet!!!!  I might have to switch from ice tea to harder liquid courage to attend this time. 

Lord help me!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, willie said:

Really another wet one????  I am not sure i am mentally capable of psyching myself into another weekend of wet!!!!  I might have to switch from ice tea to harder liquid courage to attend this time. 

Lord help me!!

Don't worry my friend I'll have plenty of legal beverages in my car and at my campsite :beer:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Only 7 more days and we’re on our way to the Syracuse Nationals !! Let’s have good thoughts and say a prayer that the weather forecast will be better for us. Still time for Mother Nature to help us out. 

• Like 4