Been recovering lately

MonteLady

Been recovering lately,hysterectomy done 2 weeks ago and following doctor's order.Did it for preventive reasons.I decided to get tested if I had the ovarian cancer gene last month and I have it.It was not an easy decision and took my time to make this decision.So far healing well and have my support system.One is my fiance,he was there for support on the day I had it.He knows I am one tough lady.Has been there during my recovery too.Go in for my follow up on Tuesday

Heather, in the long run this was more than likely a very good decision.  That is a cancer that is nothing to take risks with.  My hopes for a speedy recovery and glad you have a good support system in your fiance, sounds like he is a keeper.

rob

It was a wise decision for me.My mom,younger brother,friends,oldest son,daughter and youngest son have been there for support.My fiance,he has been in my life for 3 years and a keeper.My Aunt Renee is an ovarian cancer survivor,hers was caught early and decided on the hysterectomy too.Now my daughter whom is 19 has decided to get tested for this,said wise decision to her.Later on in her life,she can make the decision to have this done.

29 minutes ago, willie said:

Hope you get well fast Heather!!!   Smart for you to jump on that early!!   Rest up, listen to Doc and then get back to wrenching!!!

I am 43 years old turn 44 next month,will see this happen.I am doing light jobs right now,no heavy work for 6 weeks and 4 weeks left of this

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Get well soon, don't rush it take your time and heal completely.  Good luck sounds like you made the right decision. 

I did and no regrets.Anything up to the weight of a milk jug I can pick up

• Like 1