Radio.

RalphN

I seem to remember that I had a AM 8 track when I bought this car 1972. Anyone ever see a AM 8 track before? I understand there is a place "retro radio" that has older style with modern blue tooth/aux upgrades.  Anyone ever bought from one of these retro radio places 

Thx

I wasn't sure if I was remembering that correctly.  I replaced it with at the time the best Alpine  available.  But now it's just... not that good.  Lots of static in the volume.  And no way to hook up an aux or blue tooth. 

Steve G, Good old Triumph TR I had one for a short time from my older brother to restore and sell back and now it is his son's 1963 TR-3B. So much fun! Here is a picture of it from Sept 2022 after it's second restoration.

306627183_2157673614438220_4597271952165324514_n.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RalphN said:

Thx for the info and comments. 

I'm probably going with something from Crutchfield.  Aux plug or Bluetooth. 

Crutchfield has good stuff and good customer service. If your using the aux plug for something like a thumb/flash drive read the specs, make sure your compatible with 2.0 or 3.0. Some don't play well with others 🙃

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DragCat said:

Crutchfield has good stuff and good customer service. If your using the aux plug for something like a thumb/flash drive read the specs, make sure your compatible with 2.0 or 3.0. Some don't play well with others 🙃

Another thing to make note of is how much it will read from a thumb drive. Extra features, like a tape/disc player reduce the file space available.

I have two pretty much identical units, in different cars, and the one without holds 3x the files irrelevant of which thumb drive I use.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My first new car was a 1972 Monte Carlo that came from the factory with an 8 track AM only radio.  I remember the tape player motor quit working at about 30,000 miles and I replaced the tape player motor.  The replacement motor also went bad rather quickly and was not working when I traded the car.  I have always regretted that I traded that car.  It was Midnight Bronze with a white vinyl top and black interior equipped with a 402 engine.

Hey, that sounds like the same car as i got.  402Big Block. 400 trans. Dual exhaust. posi. I can't find my am/8track. That color sounds real nice that you had. My alpine radio is a bit scratchy on the volume.  So I need to clean up the volume potentiometer. Or live with it. 

Thx

20211011_182649.jpg

20190716_175306.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Grant MacPherson said:

I like the dual under hood lites, was that an option?

I like the dual lights. It never made sense to put one light on the driver’s side, they could have at least put it in the middle. Lol. 

• Like 2

I have seen folks do the two under hood lights before at shows and whatnot. Pop a couple of LED's in there so you don't drain the battery and off you go! 

• Like 1