goodbye for now..........15yrs

Well, 15yrs here at FGMCC came real quick. I have been absent from here for a bit and like most jumped to our group and others on FB, But I will be missing from all for quite some time now. I have sold my 71 Monte and she is going to a Member down in Jared's neck of the woods, Geno Keller has bought it and it will be headed his way in a bit. Yes I have had my fair share of monte carlos, from 402-4spds to SS and even the convertable. but most know of my ongoing health issues,well my 24yr old son that has some brain damage from epilepsy and is autistic was just diagnosed with Lupus. he has suffered a fair bit this last 4 months and hair loss as well, so I sold the Monte and will focus on Brady and get his needs sorted out with the funds. I sure hope I still get my 15yr badge though ? hahaha      so for now its goodbye but hope to see what the future brings monte wise.... Hope I was of some value to the group with some knowledge and also not a Pain in the [censored].... Yes I said a bad... Thanks to my Monte Family here and to Rob and Aaron for what you do with the meets and Bob and past members like Caps and Andreas and scooter........ Larry and Ert and Bones, I am keeping an eye on you guys hahahaha

Darren   LS5

monte.jpg

• Like 6

Good luck Darren. Prayers for Brady, you and the family. Health issues suck. To put it plainly.  Know we are all here for you and the family anytime you need us. 

• Like 1

Darren , you and your family as well as your car's will definitely be missed.  I was fortunate enough to actually see your convertible Monte in person, at the time, it was the only First Gen Monte Carlo convertible that I had ever seen. 

Great to hear from you, Darren, but very sorry to hear you are leaving us ... at least for now!  I know I have benefited greatly from your vast and practical knowledge of first gen Montes, as well as, your inspiration to do things right!  You have shown us some fine examples of restoring these classics to better than new condition.  I feel blessed that your 15 years in the club have totally over-lapped my 12 years so far.  It's members like you that make this club so valuable and enjoyable.

I had noticed your absence from our forums in the past several months and wondered how you were doing.  Sorry to hear about your son's health challenges which sound as severe or more so than your own.  I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and hope you will keep in touch if/when we can be of any assistance to you. 

All the best my friend!!

Darren,

I am sorry to hear you have had to sell your Monte but most of us here would agree that family always comes first.  We hope you you will remain a member of the club and maybe try to attend one of the Western Meets near you.  We have many members attend some of our Eastern Meets without cars and some of them feel they still have a lot of fun because it is the people that make the club, the cars are an excuse but not necessary.  

You and your son will be in my prayers.

rob

Darren, while I never met you I echo the sentiments of others:  family first, the rest is of no consequence. May God bless you and yours. Stay strong and focused.  There will always be plenty of Montes, but family only happens once. 

Darren, Health and family come first and are priority one. We are here for you and hope you will keep us updated. We will miss your humor, insight and knowledge.Wishing the best for you and your family. Prayers and good thoughts for all.