Kick panel speaker - owners good and bad?

snomobeelr

I have a 71 Monte . Was originally an A/C car. Removed the AC and Made it LOOK factory non A/C. Im thinking about the kick panels with the speakers. Anyone have these installed ? What brand. Good or bad experience? Fitment issue. Would I be better off getting the AC/Kick panel instead of the Non-A/C kick panel with speaker? Is there a difference in the Kick panel pocket A/C vs non A/C?

This is what the PO installed, sorry I'm not with the car and don't remember the brand of speakers. That being said I like the setup and sound. I think the panels came from OPGI. Might be more than you had in mind size wise, and it does interfere with the parking brake pad along with not being a straight shot for the headlight dimmer switch. 

speakers.jpeg

I have those same ones in the pic and do not like them. I likely just do not have them adjusted correctly but you can hardly hear them. If I had my way I would move the speakers back in the dash where they are more useful and less conspicuous. 

I asked about those style kick panels a couple of years ago. I think the answer I got was something to the effect of: If your ankles have good hearing, then they'll work fine. 

I didn't get them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well with the other comments made I figured I'd better clarify my original post 🤣 I was mostly referring to the aesthetics of the kick panels, ie interfering with parking brake, and it is still a factory a/c car.  Disclaimer also I do have an amp in the trunk, and usually set more from the back and passenger side for sound. And lastly I have maybe an hour of listening time since ive owned the Monte, I don't cruise around much so take it for what its worth 

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

Well with the other comments made I figured I'd better clarify my original post 🤣 I was mostly referring to the aesthetics of the kick panels, ie interfering with parking brake, and it is still a factory a/c car.  Disclaimer also I do have an amp in the trunk, and usually set more from the back and passenger side for sound. And lastly I have maybe an hour of listening time since ive owned the Monte, I don't cruise around much so take it for what its worth 

Sound like you need to ditch that amp and those useless speakers, Mark. All that extra weight is surely effecting your 0-60 times 🤣😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Glen said:

Sound like you need to ditch that amp and those useless speakers, Mark. All that extra weight is surely effecting your 0-60 times 🤣😂

Yea and next you'll have me pulling out the a/c compressor and rear seats, not happening 🤣 The car runs what it runs, the driver is the issue 🤣I keep running faster than I say I will and breaking out, got an app for that so now hopefully next year 🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The previous owner of Montelishi put 4.5" speakers in the doors, and with the exception of not wiring them in, they look O.K. 

Wired them up, and put a flatter cover on them (the covers interfered with the window cranks) and the look and sound is probably more pleasing then the kick panel.lha6.thumb.jpg.269f07314517b4982c3dcb1d9e8fd031.jpg