New member from Winthrop Harbor Illinois

Scott seger

Hello everyone thanks for allowing me in the club. I was a member back in the late 80s when I bought my very first car which was a  72 Monte Carlo. I sold that one right after I bought my house right around 2001. In 2018 I found and bought a 70 350 factory 4 speed car which is now my forever car. I acquired the love for Monte Carlos when I went with my dad to the dealership to pick up his brand new 77 right off of the showroom floor and I absolutely loved that car and yes I do love the second generation Montes also lol. I'm looking forward to sharing stories and learning from you guys. I'm in the process of putting my engine compartment all back to original, from the carburator, valve covers, air cleaner, and took out the aftermarket AC and putting in the original style equipment, so I'm sure I'll have some questions lol. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cny first gen 71 said:

:W aboard, there's a lot of great knowledge here and willing and able

2 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

:W aboard, there's a lot of great knowledge here and willing and able to help. We do love pictures here too.

to help. We do love pictures here too.

14 minutes ago, Scott seger said:

Hello everyone thanks for allowing me in the club. I was a member back in the late 80s when I bought my very first car which was a  72 Monte Carlo. I sold that one right after I bought my house right around 2001. In 2018 I found and bought a 70 350 factory 4 speed car which is now my forever car. I acquired the love for Monte Carlos when I went with my dad to the dealership to pick up his brand new 77 right off of the showroom floor and I absolutely loved that car and yes I do love the second generation Montes also lol. I'm looking forward to sharing stories and learning from you guys. I'm in the process of putting my engine compartment all back to original, from the carburator, valve covers, air cleaner, and took out the aftermarket AC and putting in the original style equipment, so I'm sure I'll have some questions lol. 

5 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

:W aboard, there's a lot of great knowledge here and willing and able to help. We do love pictures here too.

Damn! I uploaded around 10 pictures but they're not going through. Sorry, I'll keep trying.

Welcome aboard Scott !!! A great Club for First Generation Monte owners. Plenty of knowledge, camaraderie and even antics at times. A great group of like minded Monte owners. Photos definitely help and are always appreciated.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Montemedic said:

Welcome aboard Scott !!! A great Club for First Generation Monte owners. Plenty of knowledge, camaraderie and even antics at times. A great group of like minded Monte owners. Photos definitely help and are always appreciated.  

Thank you! I was just having trouble uploading my pictures for some reason. Still trying to get use to the website. I'm not exactly tech savvy lol 😆

2 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

Great looking Monte, love the red line tires. Maybe we can get together next year at a show. Welcome and Happy Holidays!!

Thanks I appreciate that. I love the red line too but then alot of don't but whatever lol. 

Heck yeah! I'd love to meet some other first gen Montes at the car shows because it pretty rare to see 2 or 3 of them at a show.

Happy holidays!!!!

3 minutes ago, Scott seger said:

Thanks! But I accidentally posted the same picture about 10 times lol 😂

No worries, we luv photo's here 🤣

Check out some of the Club Meets threads, 2023 dates are already planned. Below is from this years Carlisle Meet, just a few Montes in the parking lot 🤣

image.png.251d9ff5cd65d7412b9dd387cc589bc2.png

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DragCat said:

No worries, we luv photo's here 🤣

Check out some of the Club Meets threads, 2023 dates are already planned. Below is from this years Carlisle Meet, just a few Montes in the parking lot 🤣

image.png.251d9ff5cd65d7412b9dd387cc589bc2.png

Wow!!!! That's incredible to see that many first generation Montes in one spot.😳 

Pretty cool!

15 minutes ago, Scott seger said:

Wow!!!! That's incredible to see that many first generation Montes in one spot.😳 

Pretty cool!

Yea, I forget the total club car count, but we owned that parking lot over the weekend 😁

1 hour ago, willie said:

Welcome Scott!!!   She looks great love the color and the red lines!!!   And yes maybe you can make Carlisle and be in that group, We would love to have you!!!

Thank you Willie!!!👍